I was wondering this morning if we could beat the 2020 Alabama team

Viewing 2 reply threads

ProudUte
      Ute Fan
      @proudute

Even if we had our all-time best players at every position.

As I started to think about it – I thought – yeah we could beat them.

I thought about an Oline that had players like Jordan Gross, Bolles, Kemoeatu, Beedles, etc.

Alex Smith at QB with Moss and Jamal Anderson at running backs, tight ends like Kuithe, Marv Fleming, and Murphy, and receivers like Steve Smith, Dyson, Odom, and Roy Jefferson.

We could choose from a bunch of great D-linemen with guys like Star, Luther Ellis, Kruger, Manny Fernandez, and Steve Clark topping the list.

Think of starting safeties Weddle and Marcus Williams.  (It doesn’t get much better than that.)  You could throw in the hall of famer Larry Wilson.

We have many corners to consider like Smith, JJ, Dyson, and so many others.

We also have a ton of Linebackers like Sylvester, Hansen, Paul, Norris, Barton to choose from.

So, yes I concluded – we could beat the 2020 Alabama team.  But, it would take our very best to do it.

Oh, I forgot that we have had some of the best punters, kickers, and returners in the nation.  So, special teams would be very special.

Our weakest link would be QB.  We really have only had three guys that I can remember that have played much in the NFL.  Alex Smith is great, but overall QB has probably been our weakest position.

noneyadb
      Ute Fan
      @noneyadb

Uhmm no. Bama had 3 of the top 4 Heisman finalists on this year’s team. Has Utah had one player on the final heisman ballot? This year’s Bama team will be one of the all time greatest ever. 600+ yds of offense vs a team that embarrassed Clemson.

Ute2
        Ute Fan
        @ute2

I vote yes.  The all time Utah team would win no question.   It’s kinda like askin if bama could beat an nfl team.  No they could not.

thats garunteed nfl studs at every position.

That said, that bama team is STACKED!

UtesRule
        Ute Fan
        @utesrule

Yes, Alex Smith finished 3rd on the final ballot in 2004.

chinngiskhaan
      Ute Fan
      @chinngiskhaan

Is this a serious question? We would absolutely win. There are multiple NFL HOF level guys on Utah’s all-time team. Nana was great this year, but there are plenty of guys starting for them that won’t have any impact in the NFL. 

Viewing 2 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football I was wondering this morning if we could beat the 2020 Alabama team