If you’re mega-rich, would you use that money to sway Utah football’s fortunes?

Viewing 8 reply threads

SalUteopia
      Ute Fan
      @saluteopia

What transpired at University of Houston is crazy. Without the influence of their mega-booster Tilman Fertitta, Holgorsen doesn’t come to Houston.

If you had Tilman Fertitta/ Phil Knight kind of money, how far would you go to improve the fortunes of Utah football?

Follow-up question: Who is the closest to being our Phil Knight?

2 1

utahsportsguy
      Ute Fan
      @utahsportsguy

I’ll be at that level in ~10 years. 

chinngiskhaan
        Ute Fan
        @chinngiskhaan

Which multi billion dollar industry are you the king of?

User Suspended
        @a2ute

Wow.. can you make that much selling essential oils?

AgouraUte
      @agouraute

I stayed at a holiday inn express if that counts.

SalUteopia
        Ute Fan
        @saluteopia

You’re definitely closer than I am.

Utah
      Ute Fan
      @utah

I don’t know. I’d have to do some extensive research into some of Utah’s…limitations…recruiting wise.

If I felt that those could be overcome with money and marketing, I’d do it. Why the hell not? If those peculiarities were too…peculiar and not able to be overcome, then I would not.

But, if I could give money to allow them to pay their HC 5+, their Coordinators 1+, upgrade facilities for the kids…why not?

Again, assuming that I have 500-1 billion laying around with nothing to do with it…why wouldn’t I?

It’s all Monopoly money at that point.

Grimmetal
      Ute Fan
      @grimmetal

I’d return the NFL to San Diego first.

Then I’d probably rebuild RES and Huntsman Center. Pay for a new coach? I’d have to believe he’d stick around long enough to install a dominant culture and winning etc etc.

UteThunder
      Ute Fan
      @utethunder

If I had that kind of money, there’s three things I would do.

1) I would donate enough money to set up an endowment for every athletic scholarship on campus, assuming this isn’t already the case.

2) I would give the university enough money that they could attract top coaches and assistants in all sports. 

3) I would pay for a retractable field similar to what the Arizona Cardinals have so that we could have a grass field we would use when the weather is nice and then have the current artificial surface we would use in bad weather. 

oc_ute
      Ute Fan
      @ocute

spencer eccles is probably the richest living booster.

Tony (admin)
        Admin/Founder
        @admin

With as much dough as he has, you’d think he could afford an eyebrow trim.

dystopiamembrane
          Ute Fan
          @dystopiamembrane

You’d also think he could have his childhood home relocated to Pakistan while his father, played by Rip Torn, is still asleep inside the home. Or, or….he could get Bajoran noseridge markings, or he could start a twitch channel which follows whales around.

SalUteopia
        Ute Fan
        @saluteopia

Easy for me to say, but Uncle Spencer needs to up his game.

Dugway
      Ute Fan
      @dugway

I’m not going to lie, when I first heard about cold fusion, my first thought was about finally having a well funded athletic program!

dystopiamembrane
        Ute Fan
        @dystopiamembrane

I was taking a gen chem course from Ronald O. Ragsdale. An organization took out a full page ad in the Chronicle which indicated that there was some measurable energy creation during the experiments.

Ragsdale walked into class, holding the paper open to that ad, and loudly said, “Bulls**t!”
        That was my most memorable experience in the Henry Eyring Building.

dystopiamembrane
      Ute Fan
      @dystopiamembrane

Only if I am able to rename the stadium “I got a classics degree from here!”

Viewing 8 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football If you’re mega-rich, would you use that money to sway Utah football’s fortunes?