I’ll admit it, this CU game terrifies me

Viewing 11 reply threads
      13 5

SkinyUte
      Ute Fan
      @skinyute

Every indicator shows that we should win this game.  Utah is the better team, we’re playing for (potentially) the South title, CU looks to have quit on their coach, they have injuries/suspensions on the defense which should allow our running game to go nuts, etc., etc.  All the things that point to exactly the sort of game that Utah has found a way to completely gack up time and time again in the past.

I’m worried that Shenault will torch our D, a la Harry.  I’m worried that now there’s game film of Shelly, other coaching staffs will find weaknesses that Oregon didn’t see simply because he was a complete unknown.  I’m worried that our guys will either come out tight and nervous, or believe their own hype and simply overlook the Buffs.  I’m worried that CU will somehow decide to rally around their coach and play lights out.  

I hope I’m dead wrong at the game is essentially over by halftime, but damn if I’m not really nervous about this one.

9 1

Utah
      Ute Fan
      @utah

Run the ball, don’t turn it over, play smart defense and we win. 

I think we can handle that. 

At least it’s early on a Saturday. No buildup at all. 

2 11

User Suspended
      @a2ute

Yup,  they now have tape on Shelly.

SalUteopia
      Ute Fan
      @saluteopia

You summed it up perfectly. The way ASU game played out, there is every reason to be terrified. Except that CO cannot hurt you in multiple ways like ASU did. Also, I am going to take solace in the fact that we play before the ASU-UO game. Not knowing the outcome of that game is a huge psycholigical advantage. Regardless, count me in the really nervous camp.

Anonymous
      Inactive

I am utterly calm about this game. The Utes are just better at every position. 
      I understand being worried about November Utes, but Colorado has no player on their team who is better than the Utah counterpart.

6 3

SkinyUte
        Ute Fan
        @skinyute

Colorado has no player on their team who is better than the Utah counterpart.

I agree that we have greater talent overall, but who does Utah have that is remotely comparable to what Shenault brings to the table?

Call me crazy (and I know I’ll get downvoted for saying this out loud), but I also want to see more than a single good game from Shelly before I’m completely sold. I’m very encouraged by the Oregon game (as we all are), but need to see him replicate it a time or two now that teams have film on him before getting hugely excited about his prospects as a starter.

Anonymous
          Inactive

Covey. Shenault had some big numbers against lesser teams. They caught ASU early and that helped them this year. Otherwise, if the Utes put JJ on him, they have nothing else. 
          Edit: I’m with you on Shelley. Love what we’ve seen so far. Now we just need to see more and with consistency.

3 1

gothamute
            Ute Fan
            @gothamute

No. I love Covey. But a healthy Shenault gives Harry a run for best receiver in the conference and is a lock for a 1st round pick.

Anonymous
              Inactive

I contend that we haven’t seen shenault play against a good defense yet. We’ll see. 

Woodutail
      Ute Fan
      @woodutail

Championship Saturday
      Utah wins and ASU losses = Utah South champs

Tacoma Ute
        Ute Fan
        @tacomaute

God I hope you’re right. I don’t wanna have to sweat the ASU Arizona game.

Matthew Thomas Castleton
        Ute Fan
        @mcastleton928

Yep . Utah’s magic number to clinch the South is two (either 1 Utah win and 1 ASU loss or two ASU losses). However, for Utah to win the division if they were to lose to Colorado, they’d also then need Arizona to lose @ Washington State while also having ASU lose both of their remaining games. The easiest path is for Utah is to just beat Colorado because that would put some serious pressure onto ASU. Our game will be long over by time their game @ Oregon starts, and if we beat Colorado (which would eliminate Arizona by the way), ASU would know going into their game @ Autzen that if they lose, they’re eliminated and Utah wins the South. Not only that, but even if the Sun Devils were to win, they’d STILL have to win @ Arizona the next week to win the division. Utah’s got this. 

Crazyforu
      Ute Fan
      @crazyforu

I feel totally calm. Something I did with the UCLA game. For the first time I can remember, I didn’t watch a lick of that game live. My stress really didn’t effect the game at all. I checked the game once it was over, then watched it the next day on replay. I know that isn’t for everyone, as a fan though, you have nothing to stress about! We all want these guys to win, they can handle the stress part, we get to cheer them on.

Utes are gonna win. Period.

EagleMountainUte
      Ute Fan
      @battlegroundute

In 2011 I think it was during the game that we found out someone lost which meant Utah had to just win. That is how I remember it but I could be wrong. 

NarfUte
        Ute Fan
        @narfute

Fortunately our current kicker is a little better than coleman peterson…

Grayshirt
      Ute Fan
      @grayshirt

Not worried at all… did you watch mike macintyre’s latest press conference where he mentions how well “coach Willingham” does with the team and then having to coach against Gary Anderson “in the WAC”.  SMH.  This guy’s mind is out-to-lunch.  Utes win big!

Crazyforu
        Ute Fan
        @crazyforu

Good lord, how many beers deep was that guy? Makes you appreciate Kyle watching this guy. Its almost like he was trying to play the role of Mike Leach.

NarfUte
        Ute Fan
        @narfute

To be fair, he did coach against Andersen while SJSU and USU were in the WAC

SteelUte
        Ute Fan
        @steelute

Did he call him Willinghan?? Here’s to hoping for a fourth quarter onside kick when we’re up by 40!

Central Coast Ute
      Ute Fan
      @flip2848

Personally, I’m more worried about ASU winning out than I am Utah losing this weekend.

Utah
        Ute Fan
        @utah

I don’t think any PAC-12 team has gone 2-0 on a back to back road trip this year. 

I think Utah is the only team to win the second game of a back to back road trip this year. 

EagleMountainUte
          Ute Fan
          @battlegroundute

Cal?
          Edit nope I didn’t look at their schedule. They are going to be good next year I think they are pretty good this season to be honest. Maybe north champs next year.

vcsg01
      Ute Fan
      @vcsg01

It’s at 11:30am. That is what makes me nervous.

OldAsDirtUte
      Ute Fan
      @oldasdirtute

Utes play best as the underdog…    Utes are favored in this game.

Go Utes!

Viewing 11 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football I’ll admit it, this CU game terrifies me