Viewing 9 reply threads
      2 5

hnoseguard
      Ute Fan
      @hnoseguard

ProudUte
      Ute Fan
      @proudute

Something like this is never in anyway funny.  It is just wrong.  I don’t care if you hung up a Nazi wreath.  People could have been killed.

hnoseguard
        Ute Fan
        @hnoseguard

Guess I should clarify that I certainly don’t approve of lighting someone else’s property on fire, even if it’s BYU related. That being said, if you’re the kind of guy that purposefully paints your house BYU blue, I can take a good guess as to your personality (pure, unadulterated zoob) and see why someone would want to burn your BYU stuff down.

2 2

execUTEioner
      Ute Fan
      @executeioner

This story smells like bulls**t. So he just happened to be awake at 4 AM and was able to put out the burning wreath before it did any damage to the house other than a barely scorched door? I don’t believe somebody would attempt arson just because he’s a cooter fan. This guy did it himself for the attention.

AdamTheUte
        @adamtheute

I doubt it’s fake.  It seems unlikely that somebody would risk lighting his whole house on fire just to prove a point about his rival’s fan base.  

That said, the guy sounds like a dork.  

execUTEioner
          Ute Fan
          @executeioner

I think it’s more plausible than a neighbor or stranger doing it because he’s a BYU fan. Catching the fire at 4AM and with only 1/2 of the wreath burning and only getting a little soot on the door is too unlikely for me to believe it. He would have had to be the one that set it or standing next to the one who did IMO.

rbmw263
        Ute Fan
        @rbmw263

I could definitely see some dumba#@ 16 year old kids doing something like this 

5 1

Tacoma Ute
      Ute Fan
      @tacomaute

This is almost as big of a lie as the story about the drunks peeing on the kid.

UTE98
      Ute Fan
      @ute98

I have a simple rule when it comes to rivalry pranks, give but never take away. I guess i should include no burning, either as a way to get attention or to prove your loyalties.

Putting your gear, flags, and yes maybe paint on the lawn, is acceptable depending on the neighbor and your relationship. I had my Utah flags stolen and one of my good friends was going to make me wear a BYU tie to get it back. First I had no idea who took it, they were going to tell me four days later when my tie arrived by mail.

It really upset my kids, and these are good friends. Better to give than to take.

So we bought them a country bumpkin gnome and stuck it in their yard. Sadly they named it after me. 🙂

Utah
      Ute Fan
      @utah

IF this is true, then the guy who lit the wreath on fire is a moron and should be jailed. Don’t be that stupid. 

BUT, this really seems odd. After reading cougarboard the last couple weeks, it feels like some moron on cougarboard got p**sed off that a BYU put a Utah fan in the hospital at the Arizona game, ran off, then got caught. 

It, once again, showed that all the “stereotypes” of Utah fans are just BYU fans trying to make Utah fans look bad. 

So, this guy decides to “get back at those Yewt fans” and burns his wreath, calls the cops and then starts to preach to the newspaper. 

Also, who paints their house royal blue? IF this story is true, what has this guy done in the past that would drive someone to try to burn his wreath? This is such a strange story. 

Utah
        Ute Fan
        @utah

This just feels so “Max Hall, Arizona fan dumps beer on my family…wait, wait, it was Utah fan who dumped beer on my family, Utah is a bunch of classless drunks…where’s the coke party at later?”

mokus
      Ute Fan
      @mokus

If this is true, it is horrific that someone would think that lighting a wreath on fire that is connected to a house where people are sleeping is a good idea.

However, this does remind me of the girl that carved letters into her face and claimed liberals attacked her after Obama won the election in 2008.

BO

Tacoma Ute
      Ute Fan
      @tacomaute

I used to loathe Max but I’m pulling for the guy now. I thought it was cool that he posed for the pic with the guys in the “Max Hall Hates Me” shirts. At least he has a sense of humor.

Hell, I’ve done and said some pretty stupid things over my years. I wish I could take back some stuff I said just last night. I hope he’s doing well.

AlaskanUte
      Ute Fan
      @kenaiute

One thing is for certain, he lives in an area with no HOA.

Sasquatch
      Ute Fan
      @sasquatch

He just built this house right on Redwood Road in SOJO. Not that it’s right to vanadalize anyones proprty but I would recommend he reconsider his brand new, blue house with BYU logos all over it. It really is an eyesore.  

Viewing 9 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums They So Poo Poo I'm not saying he deserved it, well maybe a little