Interesting Daily Shot in WSJ Today

Viewing 4 reply threads

leftyjace
      Ute Fan
      @leftyjace

So for those of you that read the Daily Shot on the Wall Street Journal…

Click Here to Read the Daily Shot

Today’s points about the effects of an escalated trade war were interesting.
      There were also some very interesting letters at the bottom of today’s Blog.
      Some other articles that apply to those letters and the thoughts therein:
      http://blogs.cfr.org/setser/2017/02/06/offshore-profits-and-exports/
      http://www.nber.org/papers/w3163

Is anybody else fascinated by this stuff other than me? I’m really interested to see what happens with Trump’s policies and how it affects both the trade deficit as well as the supposed increase of jobs in the manufacturing sector here in the US (supposed because… well… automation).

2 1

PorterRockwell
      Ute Fan
      @porterrockwell

If a trade war benefits DT and his friends interest he will likely engage in one, if it doesn’t he won’t.
      DT is all about himself from what we’ve seen so far. he will pander to his base just enough to keep them from burning down the house

autahfan
      Ute Fan
      @autahfan

I’m just planning on holding tight. I rode out 2008 and I plan on riding out the next one. Things could get rocky if Trump goes full on trade war but I don’t think he will. More than likely, the market tumbles because it’s pricing in a fairly tale which won’t happen. 10 to 15% corrections will happen but that’s probably just a time to buy rather than sell.

autahfan
      Ute Fan
      @autahfan

Porter, You’re probably aware that the truck shown is a Ford Ute, Circa ~1947. Some collector needs to donate one of these for display on campus. If he were alive at the time, I’m sure Mr. Rockwell would have driven one.

PorterRockwell
      Ute Fan
      @porterrockwell

I was not aware of that. I appreciate you educating me about that.

Viewing 4 reply threads

The forum ‘Politics’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Politics Interesting Daily Shot in WSJ Today