Interesting, is this a trend? Penei Sewell declares for the draft.

Viewing 2 reply threads

Utesbyfive
      Ute Fan
      @utesbyfive

Sewell has declared that he will forego the rest of his eligibility and enter the 2021 NFL draft. Sucks for Oregon. Do we lose any players this way?

https://www.ksl.com/article/50014812/former-desert-hills-lineman-oregon-star-penei-sewell-opts-out-of-2020-season-for-nfl-draft

Larry B
      Ute Fan
      @larryb

I wouldn’t think so. Sewell is already almost guaranteed to be drafted in the top 2 or 3 rounds. I’m not sure we can say that about any of our players.

gandalf
        Ute Fan
        @gandalf

Sewell will be one of the top 2-3 picks overall in the first round. Very little to gain from playing this season.

KiYi-Ute
          Ute Fan
          @kiyi-ute

Yeah, he’ll be the first lineman taken this year. Top 5 overall for sure.

If this happened last year, I could see a lot of people foregoing. But given how young we are, I don’t anticipate anyone leaving. Even some of the upper classmen could use more tape.

rbmw263
        Ute Fan
        @rbmw263

hes already almost guaranteed to be a top 5 pick. Id bet he goes 2 or 3

Trailgoat
      Ute Fan
      @utahgoat

Smart move. P12 is a mess. Good to get out knowing he will be drafted high and so much instability with the P12. 

Viewing 2 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Pac-12 Interesting, is this a trend? Penei Sewell declares for the draft.