Isaac Wilson Surgery

Viewing 2 reply threads

Italy88
      Ute Fan
      @itacoatiara22

Someone posted on here a Sports Illustrated article about Isaac a few weeks ago. Isaac described the knee surgery he is having. It was described as a “small surgery.”
      I thought it may interest some that I had the exact knee surgery about 5 months ago. It is a brutal recovery, and will take a significant amount of time to heal. 10-12 months is the norm depending on the location of cartilage to be repaired.

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

Thanks for the info.

Utegator
        Ute Fan
        @utegator

So according to Whitt he’s ready to play now? lol.

RustyShackleford
      Ute Fan
      @shakyute13

Maybe his isn’t as bad? Also no offense but he has access to the best doctors and rehab money can buy. Why is he putting it off? He should just get it done now he isn’t going to be playing this year anyway

3 1

Ute Dub
        Ute Fan
        @chestercopperpot

I think he’s waiting for a cadaver match.

Italy88
        Ute Fan
        @itacoatiara22

None taken. He does have access to the top medical professionals in the world. The surgery is the same though. Taking a cadaver plug, coring a piece of femur and putting the plug in that has a cap of cartilage.
        I hope he heals much quicker than that.

RustyShackleford
          Ute Fan
          @shakyute13

Gross. You’re right that doesn’t sound like a quick recovery. Hope yours is going well

BigUteGuy
          Ute Fan
          @biguteguy

If you don’t mind me asking, how long did you wait for a cadaver match?

What’s Isaac’s status come Fall if he wins the QB2 job but hasn’t had surgery? Can/will he play?

Italy88
            Ute Fan
            @itacoatiara22

I’m 20-years older than Isaac, but in good shape (heavy runner, played D1 athletics back in the day). I couldn’t run at all while waiting for surgery. It was just too painful. I know Wilson has been playing, so that gives me some hope that his diagnosis is less severe than mine was.
            Original conversations about a cadaver match for me were around 6-weeks. However, my surgeon was able to order a few of them in just a couple weeks to have them available during the surgery in case the MRI hadn’t shown everything that he would find in the knee (e.g. a bigger lesion or gap in cartilage).

Viewing 2 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Isaac Wilson Surgery