Isbell to the portal. Probably just the start of the spring camp shuffle

Viewing 4 reply threads

NarfUte
      Ute Fan
      @narfute

https://twitter.com/claytonisbell10/status/1636013613159784448

His dad came up to where we were tailgating at the Rose bowl and tried to buy beer from us – Of course we gave him some for free 😂

dystopiamembrane
      Ute Fan
      @dystopiamembrane

Central Coast Ute
      Ute Fan
      @flip2848

Man, I thought this guy was going to be the real deal for the Utes. Wonder why he’s leaving.

Ute2
        Ute Fan
        @ute2

I’m guessing he wasnt plan A.  No inside info.  But it’s not like there was likely a bunch of NIL money lying around for him to transfer since he wasn’t a starter or a household name or even player many material snaps.

Odds are we have other dudes out slotted ahead of him. 

Trailgoat
      Ute Fan
      @utahgoat

Tough loss. Shows where the program is now in terms of talent and depth. The DB room is going to be crazy good next season. Coach Shah and Scalley can’t get enough credit. Shah should be the next DC when KW moves into his consulting role at Utah. Go Utes!

Charlie
      Ute Fan
      @charlie

This is understandable. I very much wanted to see him play more. But with Bishop and Vaki along with Ritchie returning that is a lot of safety talent to compete with and they are all underclassmen. Isbell has only one year left, I can understand he wants to play somewhere where he can be on the field. We also use a slot corner rather than a safety at nickel which reduces his chances. Utah has 3 very good safeties to rotate thru 2 spots for 2 years, hard for a senior to break into that.

Viewing 4 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Isbell to the portal. Probably just the start of the spring camp shuffle