I’ve seen ENOUGH.

Viewing 8 reply threads
      3 29

Shovel Pass
      Ute Fan
      @shovelpass

Lot’s of talk about OnlyU copying stuff from 247. A couple of us on 247 have noticed it as well, and it’s a real problem. Here is an example we saved a while back.

Steve Bartle commenting on the Guy Holliday situation:

247 Holliday

OnlyU copying VERY SIMILAR text later on UteHub:

Only U Holiday

Original Thread: https://www.utehub.com/forums/topic/guy-holliday-still-on-ute-website/#post-139703

ironman1315
      Ute Fan
      @ironman1315

That’s it? And if he’s connected to the program and heard the same and wrote something similar? Is that a problem?

1 15

Anonymous
        Ute Fan
        @anonymous

H*** is not connected with the program. Only a valued ticket holder…

AZUteFan
      Ute Fan
      @azutefan

Really? That’s all you got?  That’s pretty weak.

Dresden_Stormblessed
        Ute Fan
        @dresden

Gotta agree with the above. Weak argument.

If you’re jealous of the upvotes and attention he gets, might I suggest a different forum? r/explainlikeimfive might be a good fit for you.

1 15

Anonymous
          Ute Fan
          @anonymous

247 doesnt seem to think so.

1 17

Anonymous
        Ute Fan
        @anonymous

Shovel pass, myself and others have seen this all day. Every update you get from him is pulled from a Steve Bartle post.

ironman1315
          Ute Fan
          @ironman1315

Then get me better receipts than this. 

1 16

Anonymous
            Ute Fan
            @anonymous

Are you not on 247???  Whatever inside info Bartle or another staff member gives, OnlyU will post the same stuff on UteHub shortly after, and barely even reword it as you saw above. OnlyU will never break a story first or give info that hasn’t already been posted on 247. Why? Because its pulled straight from 247 and twitter, and you are all fooled into thinking he’s that close to the staff. He’s not. Bartle is.

ironman1315
              Ute Fan
              @ironman1315

No. I am not. 

1 11

Anonymous
                Ute Fan
                @anonymous

Christ. Please go pay a few bucks and get the real insider info from the sources. Steve and the other staff members work their asses off to get info out, and it just gets reposted here by somebody posing to be an insider. 

ironman1315
                  Ute Fan
                  @ironman1315

It’s not worth the $107 per year for me.  I have other things to spend that money on. 

Waybackutefan
      Ute Fan
      @waybackutefan

OMG you’ve got him nailed, let’s pass out the torches and storm the castle.

mfaulk80
        Ute Fan
        @mfaulk80

Steve has said that OnlyU is on 247, so he knows who OnlyU is.  It doesn’t seem to be an issue with him, so…..yeah.

mfaulk80
          Ute Fan
          @mfaulk80

I frequent both forums quite regularly, and there are definitely quite a few things that OnlyU has posted on here only to later be confirmed on 247.  

So, if you’re upset that he’s sharing 247 info on a public site, then don’t worry about it because Steve obviously doesn’t care.  

And if you’re concerned that OnlyU is just stealing stuff from 247 to look good on Utehub, then I’d argue that you’re wrong based on a number of posts throughout the years.

OnlyU could be one of Steve’s sources.  OnlyU could be Steve.  OnlyU could just be an insider that frequents both both boards, and similar verbiage is just because both Steve and OnlyU have insider information like in the case of Holliday.  

Just enjoy being a fan and getting some insider info from both sources. 

1 11

Anonymous
            Ute Fan
            @anonymous

OnlyU is not Steve… And no, the order of operation is always 247 post then UteHub post. It’s stollen.

1 13

Anonymous
          Ute Fan
          @anonymous

No, all that has been said is that OnlyU is on 247 under a different name of UF8FL. He’s not a staff writer. 

mfaulk80
            Ute Fan
            @mfaulk80

Steve is pretty strict about not stealing info from 247 and posting it elsewhere.  He’s obviously cool with OnlyU.

Only U and Steve

Ute Dub
      Ute Fan
      @chestercopperpot

I can see you in my mind holding chalk and connecting all the dots with mathematical formulas and article printouts.

1 15

Anonymous
        Ute Fan
        @anonymous

Can you also feel a chubby when you see me in your mind?

Anfernee
      Ute Fan
      @anfernee

You and that Archangel shovel your way on over to CougarBoard where they’ll welcome your holier than thou rhetoric and adult men drama. 

Anonymous
        Ute Fan
        @anonymous

Never been there, please explain.

5 1

GameForAnyFuss
      Ute Fan
      @gameforanyfuss

Utefans.net was a great site until people started push out the best posters there. That’s when it went to crap.

Think about that before you push out the best poster here.

Anonymous
        Ute Fan
        @anonymous

No, it became politcal and everybody was also jumping on the forum founder for no reason, and then he passed away.

4 1

UteBacker
          Ute Fan
          @utebacker

“No reason”? Uh, no. A weekly request for monetary handouts while the site was quickly deteriorating…there were valid reasons to call out Monkey (RIP).

Roy Rangum
      Ute Fan
      @royrangum

Irrespective of who OnlyU is, as someone who is not on 247, I appreciate that OnlyU is sharing freely here something I would have to pay to get there. (So long as it’s not being done in a way that violates 247 rules – in which case, that’s probably an issue you should raise on 247 and not here.)

Anonymous
        Ute Fan
        @anonymous

Letting you guys know the truth, so 247 (owned by ViacomCBS) and the staff writers get their subscribers and $$$. It’s a clear infraction of the terms of use/service thats outlined on their website. Apparently, it’s already been reported.

chinngiskhaan
          Ute Fan
          @chinngiskhaan

wow… so noble of you! I can’t believe OnlyU had tha nerve to paraphrase something someone else posted on the internet without citing his source!

DrJazzy
          Ute Fan
          @docute

Silly rabbit, tricks are for kids. And hoes. 

Distantute
      Ute Fan
      @distantute

Who cares. I like the info and it has been clear he isnt an insider based on his missing players names at times. But i like his posts and encourage more.

Viewing 8 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football I’ve seen ENOUGH.