Jason Shelley

Viewing 5 reply threads

32utahutes
      @32utahutes

The biggest concern I have for the rest of year is Jason Shelley. He looked overwhelmed today. I know he wasn’t prepared, but I’m hoping that’s all it was. He didn’t impress. He was in a hurry for no reason sometimes (He had Simpkins on a TD on his INT that Huntley woudl’ve scored there.) He just doesn’t have the experience. That with ASU having to lose another game and us having to win out are the biggest reasons I’m depressed after this game. 

Utahute72
      Ute Fan
      @utahute72

I thought he looked OK on drives 1 and 3, just needs to settle down and let the game come to him.

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

He managed the offense and got is 3 on his first possession. He’ll be a lot better next week and he’ll be getting mega reps.  Don’t know if it will be enough, but he will be better.

32utahutes
        @32utahutes

I definitely expect him to do better. The question if: how much better?

SalUteopia
      Ute Fan
      @saluteopia

Yep. Losing Huntley is more depressing than losing the game.

DrahtUte
      Ute Fan
      @drahtute

There really wasn’t a worse time for Shelley to be thrown into a game given how effective ASU is at bringing extra pressure and the weird stuff they do with their line. I think he’ll look better than what we saw today. Most new QBs would have struggled with today’s situation.

Grimmetal
      Ute Fan
      @grimmetal

I think it means running Moss into the ground. 30 carries a game minimum.

Viewing 5 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Jason Shelley