Judkins grateful to have the Annex during pandemic

Viewing 4 reply threads

dystopiamembrane
      Ute Fan
      @dystopiamembrane

PROVO — BYU women’s basketball coach Jeff Judkins is happy that the NCAA has announced a Nov. 25 tipoff date for the start of the season.

“It’s about time,” Judkins said. “We’ve been hearing about this the whole summer and it’s been difficult. What’s going to happen? When’s the season going to start?”

Judkins said his team is in a strong position because of the Marriott Center Annex, which the players have been using for months for practice and training.

“For us, we’ve been really fortunate because we have this annex,” he said. “We can lock it down and kind of be in a bubble. We have good opportunities to do more things than other programs probably.”

deseret.com article

dystopiamembrane
      Ute Fan
      @dystopiamembrane

ProudUte
      Ute Fan
      @proudute

I was sad to see JJ go to BYU.  Nonetheless, Jeff is a good man and I like him.  My interactions with Jeff and his family have always been very positive.

dystopiamembrane
        Ute Fan
        @dystopiamembrane

He appears to be a sweet man.

Central Coast Ute
        Ute Fan
        @flip2848

I went to Eastwood Elementary School with his daughter, Jessica. That was a long time ago.

PlainsUte
      Ute Fan
      @plainsute

Hey, Juddy, you were already in a bubble of sorts.

Are his players going to class in the school with the highest numbers in the state?   Then they are not really in a COVID-19 bubble.

dystopiamembrane
        Ute Fan
        @dystopiamembrane

I’m out of the loop. Are Utah and tds holding in-person classes right now?

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

Years ago I ran into JJ at a sandwich shop.  Candidly he told me he wished he was at the U and not byzoo. 

utefansince79
        Ute Fan
        @utefansince79

JJ and Maji weren’t a great mix (and I love both of them).

Sad Juddy is down south now. 

gUrthBrooks
          Ute Fan
          @hammer

If we could have kept the trio of Majerus, Judkins and Donny Daniels think what could have been.

Viewing 4 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums They So Poo Poo Judkins grateful to have the Annex during pandemic