@ironman1315

Utesbyfive
      Ute Fan
      @utesbyfive

It reads like an open letter to Coach Ludwig. “Hire me!”

ironman1315
        Ute Fan
        @ironman1315

That’s what I was thinking. But he’d be a good recruiter IMO. He’s just a good dude. 

Utesbyfive
          Ute Fan
          @utesbyfive

I had a lot of twitter interactions with him back when he was playing. Always positive. He really is a great person.

chinngiskhaan
      Ute Fan
      @chinngiskhaan

One the Scott was good at is catching the ball with very little space between him/the ball/and the defender. Wilson’s bread and butter was throwing to him while he was essentially posting up the defensive back. He caught a lot of balls that a lot of other dudes would have dropped.

ironman1315
        Ute Fan
        @ironman1315

And this is a skill that we sorely lack. 

Charlie
      Ute Fan
      @charlie

I think our area for improvement is the post-snap seperation.  But I also think football in all positions, line or skill, offense or defense, it is very important on most plays to make your man think for a second that you are doing something different than what you intend.  Linemen it may be hands and skill may be position. But it can’t consistently be the second move because your man will begin to ignore your initial move.  It can be your initial move if you can make your man heasitate to see your real move.  The best WRs have a variety of things they are doing at the snap and early route and are capable of visious cuts.  It actually gets difficult to predict where they are going.  Covey is the best at this.  The result is seperation.  Seperation also comes from broken coverage, trafic in play design, or defenders thinking beyond just one guy.  Over a game, across several WRs, there is some kind of metric that would recognize how often seperation occurs.  With seperation or degrees of seperation, catches are much easier, throws are easier, and yards after catch are much easier.  The Y is good at it, they often achieve it based on level of competation, but more importantly, they achieve it more often.

I like Scott’s comment on when no one is looking.  We often comment about how many passing play there are or how often someone is targeted.  WRs have opportunities and assignments every play even running plays.  They can run their defender away from the play, they can take defender eyes away from the play, they can get into position to impact a successful play to others with blocks downfield.  Like he said, find someone and lay them down.  It is such a joy to watch WRs that are finding a way to create impact every play even those on the other side of the field.  A WR can have a huge impact on the game without ever being targeted.  It is not often on any team that this is not an opportunity for improvement.

X723
      Ute Fan
      @x723

Good stuff right there……….

UtesRule
      Ute Fan
      @utesrule

Did he mention if he knew anything about when the 2021 full football schedule would be announced?

Viewing 5 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football K Scott on the WRs