KALL 700 needs to part ways with Spence Checketts

Viewing 11 reply threads

UtahUtesRock
      Ute Fan
      @utahutesrock

It’s telling to me that I’d rather listen to 1280 interview BYU’s ball coach and guard than listen to Spence Checketts continue to generalize the population’s response to COVID 19. I know there’s a group that was anti mask and pro “start the season” but dude is so holier than though I just can’t listen anymore. Bums me out too because I love Amy Donaldson. I think she’s great. But this guy whines and generalizes everyday. You’d think if anybody would be more humble it’d be him. Ok that’s all. I feel better now. 

Utah5410
      Ute Fan
      @utah5410

You’re not wrong.

6 1

EagleMountainUte
      Ute Fan
      @battlegroundute

I don’t listen at all to sports talk radio. They all have degenerated into dogs that lick up the vomit and spew it back at us. The vomit I speak of is social media.

Central Coast Ute
      Ute Fan
      @flip2848

Agreed. I haven’t been able to listen for a long time. Hans and Scotty aren’t bad, but I’d rather listen to the home of the Utes. I wasnt even aware Amy Donaldson was on the show.

10 1

Charlie
      Ute Fan
      @charlie

You have my vote. I have messaged ESPN 700 with just this request. I think Checketts has talent and works hard, but his politics are always front and center. His comments are not just unwanted but are repeated again and again. He can’t let go of heartfelt issues that are important to him even though they are not sports related at all. We listen to sports to escape people talking down to us not to ring more of it up. With a guest introduction and how he asks a question, he clearly pins them down to make it hard to disagree with him. At the end of the day, he is exhausting at the same moment I am trying to relax. Last, I don’t expect a homer, however, I would like to listen to a fellow Ute fan.

Anfernee
      Ute Fan
      @anfernee

Dude throws A LOT of stones for someone who lives in quite the glass house. 

chinngiskhaan
        Ute Fan
        @chinngiskhaan

It is ridiculous that someone who has made as many big mistakes as he has continues to find work… especially when he had zero qualifications to begin with.

Ute Dub
        Ute Fan
        @chestercopperpot

Instead of calling the station, should we call his AA sponsor to give him some tough love?

OldAsDirtUte
      Ute Fan
      @oldasdirtute

I lost 95% interest in 700 when I became aware of the numerious 7+ minute commercial breaks.  Now, I rarely tune in, except for game play-play, and usually turn it off at the first commercial.

1 1

UtesRule
      Ute Fan
      @utesrule

They can keep him on if he is the first Utah media member to announce when the 2021 Football schedule is released!!!

Rick
      Ute Fan
      @rickyrules

His weaving of his politics and his COVID philosophies on air are just too much for me.  I would rather listen to Jake Scott and Gordon Monson than Spence these days.  He seriously needs to dial things back or get off the air IMO.  I ventured over there the other afternoon and he was going off on vaccines and masks.  I immediately switched onto Comedy Central on Sirius Satellite.  Sad part is I am an advertiser on that station!

Johnny
      Ute Fan
      @johnny

He is horrendous. He’s got to go. I hear his whiney Ass and I immediately tune out.

Utes 69
        Ute Fan
        @slc123

He is horrendous. He’s got to go. I hear his whiney Ass and I immediately tune out.

My response…he is safe because of daddy…….

2 1

Utes 69
      Ute Fan
      @slc123

It’s telling to me that I’d rather listen to 1280 interview BYU’s ball coach and guard than listen to Spence Checketts continue to generalize the population’s response to COVID 19. I know there’s a group that was anti mask and pro “start the season” but dude is so holier than though I just can’t listen anymore. Bums me out too because I love Amy Donaldson. I think she’s great. But this guy whines and generalizes everyday. You’d think if anybody would be more humble it’d be him. Ok that’s all. I feel better now. 

My response…Spence is the worst. Kall 700 had a mens clinic years back with Bill and Spence. he was a total jerk toward me and a buddy that was on-site where the broadcast was taking place. he thinks he is a expert on Covid, and he promotes BYU like thay are world beaters. bye Spence

Brettski
      Ute Fan
      @brettski

I moved to Utah about 6 months ago and tuned in and couldn’t believe his political rants on a sports show. Haven’t tuned in to 700 again at any time of day.

Viewing 11 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Misc KALL 700 needs to part ways with Spence Checketts