Kodi app / Android ? for the board hackers

Viewing 5 reply threads

mesovanhorny
      Ute Fan
      @mesovanhorny

A big shout out to the dudes on this board that encouraged me to grab an Android box with Kodi installed.  It’s amazing!  

So I’ve got Kodi 17.3 installed, and it’s running smoothly.  But as I prepare for the upcoming college sports season (football & hoops), I’m wondering which addon app I should have in order to stream my mighty Utah Utes? 

Phoenix (addon app) has been hit or miss…it doesn’t seem like it’s always streaming a clear stream with a live game.  Streamed Bob today, and got a very nice and clear stream of MLB Network, which was remarkable.

Which addon app should I have to ensure I don’t miss a second of Utah football & hoops?

FWIW, I felt a little bit guilty about this when I first began streaming content via Kodi.  But then I began to think of the years where I spent $120+ per month w/ Dish Network to watch the games I wanted to watch.   I thought about the copies of VHS movies I bought, followed by DVD, Blu-Ray & now 4K.  No one came to my door offering me a refund of a rebate each time I bought the same damned movie again in the new & improved format.  So, this is me finally getting a return on my investment.

Thanks for your feedback, gents.  And GO UTES!

RiseasUtes
      Ute Fan
      @riseasutes

I’ve had Kodi for years and all the apps are hit and miss.  The gov are shutting down apps pretty frequently.  You’re not going to know which apps will be working ahead of time.  Just Google “working kodi apps” and people will update the working one’s.  “Covenant” is the app you need to add for now.  Not for Utah games, but all the shows and movies.

Same advice though for Utah games.  Just Google working kodi apps for live tv. 

Puget Ute
      Ute Fan
      @pugetute

I believe Phoenix and some of the better apps are dead, or dying. As Rise says, Covenant is the one to use now. Also be sure you have a VPN.

PM sent with further info.

Basketball Junkie
      Ute Fan
      @basketballjunkie

Bennu is the new Phoenix!  U can see all of the different PAC 12 channels in HD currently in thier sports section.  

If you add the new version of Goodfellas addon where you can view many of sport streams, but like every Kodi addon they can/could change as we speak.  

You might want to check out how to reduce Kodi buffering (Youtube videos) to increase your viewing experience.  

Wireless shake will give you a list of current new or upgraded addons. Wireless Shakel 

http://www.wirelesshack.org/top-best-working-kodi-video-add-ons.html 

mesovanhorny
      Ute Fan
      @mesovanhorny

Gents, I can’t thank you enough for your guidance. Especially you, Puget. You’re a beautiful human being. Thank you!

Puget Ute
        Ute Fan
        @pugetute

Wow thanks!

In just updated my Kodi box to 17.3, and couldn’t find the PAC network.

So I took BBJunkie’s advice and added Bennu. All the important stuff is on there under the Live Streams feed…

Add it using the Colossus installer repo, using the site he posted. And don’t forget to get and use a VPN…

Puget Ute
      Ute Fan
      @pugetute

Bringing this post back from the dead…

FWIW, everybody should use a VPN. One of the better VPNs, IPVanish, has a half-off sale ending today. An annual plan is $39, and they seem to have extremely fast servers, etc. I plan to get this one today.

http://www.IPVanish.com

Viewing 5 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Kodi app / Android ? for the board hackers