Lazar to UCLA

Viewing 1 reply thread

Utephoria
      Ute Fan
      @utephoria

Lazar Stefanovic will play for the Bruins next year. Can’t fault the guy but I dislike when our transfers stay in the PAC=12.

UTEopia
      Ute Fan
      @uteopia

I agree. Frankly, I am surprised that UCLA picked him up. From what I observed over the past two years, he is the No. 7 or 8 player on an NCAA caliber team. It will be interesting to see if he gets more than 15 minutes a night.

Hahnenwk
        Ute Fan
        @hahnenwk

He was number 5 guy.
        You can’t lose those.

UTEopia
          Ute Fan
          @uteopia

I didn’t say I was happy to see him leave. I wish he hadn’t. He could have been the best player on the Utes and I would still see him as a 7 or 8 guy on a legit NCAA tourney team. I think he was actually the sixth guy at Utah until the Madsen injury. Unfortunately for him, he was forced to play the 1, 2 and 3 because Exacte wasn’t ready and the coaches didn’t trust Saunders. He played hard and gave it his best, but I don’t think he can defend most PAC12 1’s or 2’s and I don’t think he can be the primary ball handler. He averaged 10 points a game, had a 1.5 to 1 assist to turnover ratio, shot 86% from the line, 37% FG and 36% from 3, 3 rebounds per game in 28 minutes. The best thing for him will be to settle into the 3 spot and develop a dependable catch and shoot 3.

Rick
        Ute Fan
        @rickyrules

Unless he has a lot more to his game than he showed here the past two seasons, I don’t see him getting off the bench at UCLA.

The Miami Ute
          Ute Fan
          @themiamiute

I’m there with you. I think we’ll mostly see Lazar coming off the bench clapping during 📺 timeouts.

Viewing 1 reply thread

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.