Levani Damuni comes to Utah!

Viewing 4 reply threads

BD
      Ute Fan
      @flyfisherman

Leading tackler at Stanford! Another huge day for Utah!!!

Link

BD
      Ute Fan
      @flyfisherman

He was everywhere in the Stanford game.

It looks like this guy is a must-follow. He posted the smoke on this yesterday morning:

https://twitter.com/chisme_sports/status/1600191642811916288

Chilly
      Ute Fan
      @chilly

If I’m understanding CFB eligibility rules correctly, he should have 2 years left if he wants them?

BD
        Ute Fan
        @flyfisherman

Yup. This is what Bartle put in the article: “Though listed as an academic senior, Damuni actually has up to two years of eligibility remaining due to redshirting in 2019 plus the covid-year eligibility freeze if he elects to utilize it.”

tanute3
      Ute Fan
      @tanute3

This win vs USC could seriously be one of the biggest wins in program history. All of these recruiting gets and transfers are MASSIVE – undoubtedly propelled by that game imo

BD
        Ute Fan
        @flyfisherman

And that Tweet above says, “More to come”

This is like being a kid on Christmas morning.

Onlyu
          Ute Fan
          @uf8fl

Captain AND leading tackler. Great get…couple others that are kinda no brainers should be in soon.

tanute3
            Ute Fan
            @tanute3

OnlyU, you think we got a shot at the Florida DB? Avery Helm? Seems like he could be a good replacement for Phillips

Onlyu
              Ute Fan
              @uf8fl

Yes. One of 3 were chasing right now.

KoolWhitt
                Ute Fan
                @koolwhitt

Three DBs or three transfer guys? If the answer to that is transfers, do you know if we are making a run at Dorian Singer?

On the DB front, I’ve wondered how much we have/are recruiting Rodrick Pleasant. Very similar height, weight, speed/quickness, and recruiting ranking as Clark, and they grew up 20 miles from each other. If there was ever a guy to recruit while Clark is still around to meet with, it would seem to be him. Seems like the pitch could be the same as we had with Clark and Jaylon – come here, get a chance to play immediately, work hard, leave for the NFL in three years with degree in hand. 

As always, thanks for your insight! All of us here continue to be very grateful for each of your posts.

RedUte14
                  Ute Fan
                  @redute14

We had offered singer he posted it on his twitter. So did Arizona state last I saw.

KoolWhitt
                    Ute Fan
                    @koolwhitt

Thanks! Just checked it out and Singer has a zillion offers already. Seems like everyone is after him so he’ll be a tough one to get; fingers definitely are crossed!

ProudUte
      Ute Fan
      @proudute

Nice get.  Now we need to get the other Fano and Snowden.

I would do everything we can to get Akana to flip his commitment to Oklahoma.  Oklahoma is a dumpster fire and we are getting a lot of pub right now.  We need to get this kid to stay in-state.

Stone
        Ute Fan
        @stone

Is he still in play? I guess anything is possible, but do you have any insight into whether he is second-guessing his Oklahoma commitment?

Dresden_Stormblessed
        Ute Fan
        @dresden

It really is a dumpster fire this year. What do you think the chances are? He doesn’t seem to even be considering Utah throughout his process that much. 

I see him as I saw Noah & Penei Sewell. They wanted out of Utah. I get the same vibe from Akana. Dude’s a freak though. 

KoolWhitt
        Ute Fan
        @koolwhitt

I remember hearing on the LockedOn Utes podcast several weeks ago that Utah was making a late push for Akana. That surprised and excited me because I thought, as others seem to as well, that he was/is going out of state for sure. I’ve heard nothing since.

Akana may hold firm to Oklahoma (has he actually committed there or is he just predicted to?). Hunter Clegg would be another massive get for the edge position, as is Logan Fano, who just committed to transferring from BYU. I’ve heard literally nothing on Clegg since Shaw stepped down, only that Shaw leaving alone may not cause him to decommit from Stanford.

Of course, I’d love to get all three. Fano, Clegg, and Akana would be an unbelievable class for that position group and set us up on the edge for years.

Viewing 4 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Levani Damuni comes to Utah!