Local Media

Viewing 5 reply threads

Mr.BozaksBigToe
      Ute Fan
      @mr-bozaksbigtoe

I just love whenever Utah is having a good season in basketball or football it’s because the conference is having a “down year”… I don’t know how many times I have heard this over the last 3 years….

Anonymous
      Inactive

PAC12 does stink this season. Outside of Washington, Utah, Wazzu and Colorado? USC totally embarrassed themselves before the nation to start the season. Wazzu lost to an FCS school to start the year.

EDIT:
      But B1G has some stinky teams and SEC is really down this season. ACC is pretty typical.

cbmute
      Ute Fan
      @cbmute

I would have to agree that the PAC12 does seem to be having a down year.  But the good news is if Utah wins three more games they are very likely going to the Rose Bowl and if for some crazy reason they win five more games they are likely going to the playoffs.  If either of those things happen or even if they only get to the PAC12 championship game this year and don’t go to the Rose Bowl I couldn’t care less if the PAC12 is in a down year. 

Anonymous
        Inactive

In reality USC being down means PAC12 is an afterthought.

Wilson’s Mustache
          Ute Fan
          @sigmaute

and Oregon & UCLA. Oustide of that nobody east of the Mississippi river seem to care.

cbmute
            Ute Fan
            @cbmute

I agree that Oregon and usc are looked at that way. But do people really still feel that way about ucla?  Serious question.  And I mean sustained quality over a few years.  I’ve never looked at ucla as a football power. Certainly not in the 2000’s.  Am I crazy? 

Utah
      Ute Fan
      @utah

The PAC-12 is NOT having a down year. You have Utah, Washington and Colorado ranked (WSU should be ranked, but they lost their first game). 

The reason why the PAC-12 is down is not because it sucks. Sagarin ranks it #2 in the country. 

It is down because USC, Stanford and Oregon aren’t doing as well. That’s it. If name brands aren’t on top, then the conference sucks. It’s lazy journalism at its best. 

Tacoma Ute
      Ute Fan
      @tacomaute

Nope. I don’t think UCLA registers a blip nationally.

Anonymous
      Inactive

Didn’t UCLA take aTm to OT? Last I looked aTm is still in the top 10 with one loss.

Viewing 5 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.