Lol, a Texas A&M alum in the Texas state senate

Viewing 1 reply thread

jamarcus24
      Ute Fan
      @jamarcus24

Is trying to force Texas and Texas A&M to continue their rivalry under penalty of stripping scholarships from the school(s) potentially not participating.  An interesting note in the article states that neither school uses state funds to run their football programs.

Link

1 3

utahsportsguy
      Ute Fan
      @utahsportsguy

this would 100% happen if Utah ever became self-funded and decided not to play TDS. 

3 8

Utah
        Ute Fan
        @utah

And the republican, anti-government Zion’s would applaud the mormon legislatures forcing the state school to subsidize the Mormon school. 

Anonymous
        Inactive

Utah is very nearly self-funded right now. 

EagleMountainUte
          Ute Fan
          @battlegroundute

Yeah it is pretty damn close. It is profitable one of the few in the nation not in the red. 

Puget Ute
          Ute Fan
          @pugetute

Yup.  The audit found a set of keys were missing, and that state funds contributed $200k of the Athletic Dept’s $74M+ budget for a whopping 0.27%.

Chidojuan
            Ute Fan
            @chidojuan

I feel like that should be one of those “Nah, we’re good” moments.

EagleMountainUte
              Ute Fan
              @battlegroundute

Yeah give the 200k to like some other department. 

Chidojuan
                Ute Fan
                @chidojuan

Not sure if you were being sarcastic, but I read that in Jeffrey Lebowski’s voice in my head, and I am amused.

GameForAnyFuss
            Ute Fan
            @gameforanyfuss

If only the athletic department were the limit of the state’s meddling. They actually threatened to take away funding from the hospital and Huntsman Cancer (which are university/state joint ventures).

I work for the U so I have inside info. 

Can you believe that? A few BYU-P alums in the legislature were prepared to put cancer patients at risk over a football game. Speaks to the education they got down there. 

Anonymous
              Inactive

What it really speaks to is the decay in their souls, and the evil in their hearts. 

1 1

utahsportsguy
              Ute Fan
              @utahsportsguy

this is horrible. someone should really put some PR effort behind calling out the theocracy in the legislature for pulling this crap. 

Chidojuan
                Ute Fan
                @chidojuan

Get on it PK!

EagleMountainUte
                Ute Fan
                @battlegroundute

Hahaha journalism in Utah??? Hahahahahahahaha holy hell. If a story doesn’t hit them in the face they don’t know what to do with it. Unless they can tweet it at Wilson’s mom. 

Puget Ute
              Ute Fan
              @pugetute

You are exactly right. The same garbage happened to the U Hospital system when I worked there because they’ received state funds’.  What was lost in that conversation was the fact that the state th d’s amounted to about 4% of their budget.

Viewing 1 reply thread

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Lol, a Texas A&M alum in the Texas state senate