LSU requiring negative test or Vaccination proof to attend tiger stadium this

Viewing 1 reply thread
      11 8

NarfUte
      Ute Fan
      @narfute

year.

IMO it’s a good move, but surprising to see Louisiana leading the charge in the south (Joining Oregon/OSU).

Ute Dub
      Ute Fan
      @chestercopperpot

One thing nobody has answered for me sufficiently: I get the vaccination, I do. But what if I’ve had COVID 2 months ago? Is the vaccination better than actually having COVID? And let’s say I even had the DELTA variant or the most recent worst variant. Is that not better than the vaccination? 

Also, getting the vaccination doesn’t mean I can’t still spread the virus, even if I don’t contract it myself, right or no?

MacKidsAlumn
        Ute Fan
        @chris-kellerhsc-utah-edu

I’m going to step out on a limb and say that Ute Hub is probably not the best forum to get answered to these types of questions.  However, the great folks at University of Utah Health will be able to answer your questions.  In fact, they have a whole page devoted to answering your questions. Our Utes are part of a world-class research institution that can not only answer your questions but also administer a vaccine to you. Go Utes!

https://healthcare.utah.edu/coronavirus/

Ute Dub
          Ute Fan
          @chestercopperpot

That’s a really great link, and I’m sure they are top notch health care providers, but nobody addresses the question of why getting vaccinated if you’ve already had COVID, let alone supports any type of science or statistics on the matter. 

I’m just curious to know why I could get into a sports arena with vaccine card, but not with a tested positive 2 months ago card.

NarfUte
            Ute Fan
            @narfute

Who knows. In the EU, you can supplant a vax or negative test with a 30-180 day old positive test

Ute Dub
              Ute Fan
              @chestercopperpot

Yes. I’d like that option…also, next year will you have to prove and updated booster shot? Pfizer just created the largest cash flow system in the world, potentially. 

3 1

oc_ute
        Ute Fan
        @ocute

not a doc but here’s what i’ve heard and researched

1.  most docs still recommending getting vaccinated even if you’ve had it (sample size of 5 docs on that opinion)

2.  if vaccinations would happen in bigger numbers, the likelihood of another variant is minimized.  this is the most important thing imo

3.  even after getting vacc, you can still get it and spread it but risk of getting seriously sick or death is ~5X lower than no vacc.  those numbers can be seen on the state rona website

i don’t think there’s enuf data or time for those that had it and what their true immunity may be afterward.  best chance of staying out of the hospital or death is to get the vacc.  a better opinion than mine would be your doctor. 

Ute Dub
          Ute Fan
          @chestercopperpot

I agree with your points 2 and 3…but my question to your point 1 is, what is the reason that the vaccine is important after having COVID? So Pfizer can make more money? Or is ther science that supports the claim of the doctors?

UrbanLiar
            Ute Fan
            @urbanliar

Great logical question so here’s the current scientific answer: Unvaccinated but previously infected individuals exhibited a 2.34X greater chance of being reinfected compared with fully vaccinated + previously infected subjects. There’s a PDF in the link that you can read yourself if you’d like. My wife and daughter both had Covid last fall but have now been fully vaccinated.
            Better defense against reinfection after vaccine

Viewing 1 reply thread

The forum ‘Politics’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Politics LSU requiring negative test or Vaccination proof to attend tiger stadium this