Ludwig Van Beethoven

Viewing 3 reply threads

Anfernee
      Ute Fan
      @anfernee

Andy Ludwig’s 2018 offense at Vandy was also top-40 (top-15 in rushing; all per S&P+) despite serious talent disadvantages in the SEC. They were top-20 in passing S&P+ and top-30 in explosiveness per S&P+ in 2017. Again, in the SEC. I’ll be the minority here and be optimistic. 

EagleMountainUte
      Ute Fan
      @battlegroundute

Is this like a done deal yet?  

Brichaute49
        Ute Fan
        @brichaute49

Exactly. We keep talking about it but I haven’t seen any official yet.

3 1

EagleMountainUte
          Ute Fan
          @battlegroundute

Well I looked over the Vandy season scores by quarter Ludwig had a lead on ND and struggled to score late. Looks like a lot of the losses halftime adjustments were made by opposing teams. Nearly upset Kentucky and Florida struggle to score late. Georgia absolutely destroyed Ludwig clearly a HUGE disparity in talent. 

How does this make you feel about the hypothetical return of Ludwig?

iamthepreacher
            Ute Fan
            @iamthepreacher

So…each time Vandy lost it was Ludwig’s fault? Their defense and special teams had nothing to do with their losses?

Also…it’s easy to draw conclusions by cherry picking games. For example, Ludwig dropped 45 points on Arkansas. You could look at that and say he’s an amazing coordinator. Or, you could look at the fact that they only scored 7 points against Kentucky and decide that he sucks. Just like someone could say Troy Taylor only scored 3 points when we played Washington (he sucks!) or he scored 42 against Arizona (he’s awesome!). You’ve got to look at aggregate data to see the full story, which for Ludwig shows 6.3 yards per play, 46 offensive touchdowns, and 411 yards per game. Is that earth shattering? No. But is it better than what we produced? Yes, across the board.

EagleMountainUte
              Ute Fan
              @battlegroundute

Lawd
              I just did a cursory examination of the scores within the losses and close games. Do I care what TT did against Weber and Vandys win over Middle Tennessee’s Fighting Nuns? I think looking at the game quarter by quarter is always a better way to see the game within a game. I don’t take much away from the blowouts or blowout losses.
              Let’s use the Missouri loss. Had a lead 0fer in the fourth. Remind you of anyone? Kentucky loss 0fer quarters 2-4. Florida six points in the second half gave up the lead. South Carolina 0fer second half. Telling me a lot personally if you can’t score late to either close a game out or comeback. How is a lack of scoring not his fault?

iamthepreacher
                Ute Fan
                @iamthepreacher

We had big leads against WSU and Northwestern. We were neck and neck with ASU in the 3rd quarter. In each of those games, we stopped scoring and lost. Are all of those losses on TT? No other factors were involved in any of those games?

Looking at Vanderbilts season, it’s hard to say that lack of scoring was their downfall. They scored more touchdowns (and points overall) and put up more yards than we did.

Ludwig may not be an earth shattering hire, but he at least deserves a fair analysis.

EagleMountainUte
                  Ute Fan
                  @battlegroundute

I still have no clue what to make of Utah’s offense this season. Who actually gets credit?  Harding for the adjustments?  Clearly Utah had a huge issue when they were forced to go pass heavy. 

I just saw something in his losses that seems familiar. I like Ludwig personally if he had a defense maybe he is able to call a game differently agreed.  Some of his play calling can be annoying AF from what I remember in 2008. 

ironman1315
      Ute Fan
      @ironman1315

Also, Vandy was dead last in recruiting in the SEC for several years.

W16Ute
        Ute Fan
        @w16ute

No matter the coordinator Vandy will be dead last in SEC recruiting…it’s Vanderbilt. It’s not like it’s Florida who suddenly fell from Grace. Has Vandy ever been good?

noneyadb
      Ute Fan
      @noneyadb

2 FCS games help stats

Viewing 3 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Ludwig Van Beethoven