Luke Bottari Starting?

Viewing 11 reply threads

cj13
      Ute Fan
      @cjohnsen13

Rumors circulating on twitter. Barnes is sick and Nate Johnson is no longer with the team. Luke Bottari is getting the start.

Ute Dub
      Ute Fan
      @chestercopperpot

I like our chances with a 5th string. 30 carry’s needed from Glover.

lgt4141
        Ute Fan
        @lgt4141

This would be the most fitting ending to this season.

Miles E.
      Ute Fan
      @emiles

Pretty good wrap sheet. What else do we know about him?

3 2

The Miami Ute
      Ute Fan
      @themiamiute

Nate Johnson no longer with the team? I guess Whitt and Lud laid it out for him and him playing QB in the future was not in the cards. If he’s bound and determined to play QB regularly, he’ll only be able to do that at the FCS or Division 2 level.

3 10

2008 National Champ
        Ute Fan
        @cptmrgn05

If true, that’s another Utah 4 star that crapped the bed. What happened to the “great development” everyone bangs on about?

Charlie
          Ute Fan
          @charlie

If they were baking wedding cakes you can expect every one to turn out well. With college QBs or football development, one out of several may be the norm. The blue bloods get the sure things, the rest use the imperfect development process. As for NJ, he is still in the first half of his development which should not be viewed as crapped the bed yet because he was not ready this year. He may be ready down the road in more than one position. It may be his choice to pursue a position that is quite a long shot. It is unknown to me how much he has developed in his time here, only that he is not there as a P5 QB. Possibly, with Cam coming back and the two very good QBs queued up, he may simply feel his opportunities will be better elsewhere. Thankfully, football players don’t get the chance to review and examine the careers and development choices of football fans thru their college years. I for one, will confess my progress the first 2 years out of HS were much closer to crapping the bed. I expect Nate will still see some success and he time at Utah will have been of help.

3 1

The Miami Ute
            Ute Fan
            @themiamiute

Johnson just isn’t a QB period. The only way he’ll see success at that position is by playing at a lower level where his athleticism overwhelms the competition. As I mentioned in a previous posting, Jason Shelley, who in my view was a much better QB (QB, not athlete) than Johnson, didn’t even get a sniff of the field while at Utah State and had to transfer to FCS Missouri State before he saw any sort of success.

2 2

NarfUte
          Ute Fan
          @narfute

How many QB’s has Whitt put into the league? (At other positions w/ development 😆)

pedro
          Ute Fan
          @pedro

IIRC NJ only starting playing QB his senior year in HS. I would say that this was more of a swing and miss in the recruiting spectrum.

highlandute7
        Ute Fan
        @highlandute7

That or he jumped ship when Cam announced he was returning. Maybe both.

highlandute7
      Ute Fan
      @highlandute7

Who then is the backup to Bottari? Jackson?

The Miami Ute
        Ute Fan
        @themiamiute

I have to believe it would be Mack Howard or Steve Smedley.

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

What is he? 4th, 5th, 6th string?

EagleMountainUte
        Ute Fan
        @battlegroundute

Someone who couldn’t beat out Barnes for reps. That’s all I need to know.

EagleMountainUte
      Ute Fan
      @battlegroundute

Didn’t expect Barnes to be sick. Sounds like the flu made its way through the team prior to Arizona as well.
      Just a s**tty deal all around.

Rose is like:”You guys play games?”

highlandute7
        Ute Fan
        @highlandute7

Rose can’t play if they want to maintain his medical redshirt. If he plays, that goes out the window. He has already redshirted.

Tednab
        Ute Fan
        @tednab

Swine flu ?

Utah5410
      Ute Fan
      @utah5410

Wait. OnlyU, Ghost, anyone. Why wouldn’t we play Rose ? We obviously wouldn’t burn any RS year. Why wouldn’t we give him a shot.

NarfUte
        Ute Fan
        @narfute

Rose can’t play because they want to get a medical redshirt – same as Cam. Rose used his regular redshirt last year

AZUTE
        Ute Fan
        @azute

Rose was a redshirt last year. They are trying to get him a medical redshirt this year which he can’t play. Not even one down or he’d lose a year of eligibility.

To be considered a medical redshirt he has to sit out the whole year

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

Luke is a senior, 5-10, 205 pounds. Just read it from the roster. 🙂

LetItRide
        Ute Fan
        @letitride

Played at Serra HS ……Tom Brady HS.
        Went to JC CSM. Solid football program.
        Know his family. Mother went to U.
        Good people and a chance of a lifetime for the kid if he plays.

The Miami Ute
          Ute Fan
          @themiamiute

Funny thing about Bottari…in May he announced that he was transferring to Cal: Luke Bottari . A month later, he was back at Utah. I guess he saw that if you’re not going to play either way, it’s more rewarding to be with the better team.

concerned
      Ute Fan
      @concerned

I think you can get a medical redshirt if you played fewer than 4 games. Is that what Kuithe is doing? But the injury has to be season ending. You cant come back, so Rose cant play and keep it.

Milton Vanderslice
        Ute Fan
        @miltonvanderslice

I might be wrong, but I think it’s after the first four games of the season. I don’t think you can pick which four games you play in.

Crow
      Ute Fan
      @crow

Who is your source about Johnson?

Milton Vanderslice
        Ute Fan
        @miltonvanderslice

Also, please make sure you use proper APA formatting when referencing your sources. It’s clearly written in the Utehub rubric.

utepilot
          Ute Fan
          @utepilot

I see what you did there

Caliman
      Ute Fan
      @elguapoute

Luke Bottari about to do a Brett Ratliff job on Colorado this Saturday. Who agrees?

Viewing 11 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Luke Bottari Starting?