Man…I remember when Utah beat byu in 2016 with 6 turnovers

Viewing 2 reply threads

rbmw263
      Ute Fan
      @rbmw263

something that almost never happens in this sport, and after byu fans maintained that Utah only won bc of turnovers the prior 6 years, I assumed they would finally concede that Utah just beat them. They actually did for a very small portion of time, but as time passed the top narrative has gone from “but the turnovers” to “but its always close though” which is the most hilarious narrative by a rival fan base in the history of doing football related activity, but i digress..

Ive seen that 2016 game since referenced by their fans as one that Utah was lucky to have won or in support of the claim that the close final score represents a small gap in talent. Its hilarious. That game was not close. The reason Utah was able to win despite turning it over on 6 DRIVES is that the talent gap is very large. The same reason they went to provo the following year and were able to win despite playing an absolutely terrible game, was becase the talent gap is so god damn large. If you play that game again statistically 10 times the margin of victory is 10+ in 8 of them. On the field the game was not close. Credit to them for scrapping a close loss out of a blowout to give their fans something to cling to.

dwainegf
      Ute Fan
      @dwainegf

To be sure. Moral victories are for losers. I hope we continue to give BYU their moral victories.

ladyinred
      Ute Fan
      @ladyinred

That game was too close for comfort, and I left the stadium feeling icky about it. Last year I thought I was going to vomit for 3/4 of the game. Losing to tds would just be too gross to deal with.

Viewing 2 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Man…I remember when Utah beat byu in 2016 with 6 turnovers