NCAA will allow collegiate athletes to profit from likeness

Viewing 4 reply threads

chinngiskhaan
      Ute Fan
      @chinngiskhaan

NCAA FOOTBALL 2KWHATEVER HERE WE COME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ironman1315
      Ute Fan
      @ironman1315

Yay. Should have happened a long time ago.

GameForAnyFuss
      Ute Fan
      @gameforanyfuss

Not exactly. The NCAA did not actually change anything. They are “starting the process of considering” whether or not to allow athletes to profit from their likeness.

chinngiskhaan
        Ute Fan
        @chinngiskhaan

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

chinngiskhaan
        Ute Fan
        @chinngiskhaan

thats not what I read. I read that they have unanimously voted to make it happen, and the three divisions of the NCAA now have till 2021 to make the necessary rule changes to allow for this. They voted to allow collegiate athletes to profit from their likeness in the same ways that any other college kid could do so.

GameForAnyFuss
          Ute Fan
          @gameforanyfuss

You read wrong

chinngiskhaan
            Ute Fan
            @chinngiskhaan

I didn’t read wrong. What I read may have been wrong, but that doesn’t mean that I misinterpreted what was printed.

Wilson’s Mustache
            Ute Fan
            @sigmaute

I think you read wrong, What I’ve read from multiple sources directly contradicts what you’re saying.

chinngiskhaan
            Ute Fan
            @chinngiskhaan

The NCAA’s top decision-makers
            voted unanimously Tuesday to start the process of modifying its rule to allow college athletes to profit from their names, images and likenesses “in a manner consistent with the collegiate model.

The board directed the three separate divisions of the organization to immediately begin figuring out how to update their rules in a way that maintains a distinction between college and professional sports.

The board members said in a release Tuesday that all changes should make sure student-athletes have the same opportunities to make money as all other students, maintain the priorities of education and the collegiate experience, and ensure that rules are “transparent, focused and enforceable” and do not create a competitive imbalance. The board wants each division to implement new rules by January 2021.

chinngiskhaan
        Ute Fan
        @chinngiskhaan

nothing has been changed yet, but it will be. It’s only a matter of time at this point. If You want to argue semantics go ahead.

GameForAnyFuss
          Ute Fan
          @gameforanyfuss

I’m not arguing anything. Just posting a tweet. A tweet that says nothing has changed. There’s nothing to argue here.

chinngiskhaan
            Ute Fan
            @chinngiskhaan

you’re right, nothing has changed yet, but it will. I’m not claiming that the NCAA is going to change how it does things overnight, but the changes will happen, and they will happen by 2021.

chinngiskhaan
            Ute Fan
            @chinngiskhaan

and shame on you for putting a damper on my enthusiasm! SHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAME!!!!!!!!!!!!!

EagleMountainUte
      Ute Fan
      @battlegroundute

Perfect for them.  They don’t have to do s**t about Arizona and other U of pays they choose to ignore. 

PlainsUte
      Ute Fan
      @plainsute

TOP PRIORITY for our AD and KW: Lock down a player endorsement deal with UnderArmor or somesuch!!

You know Oregon is going to take FULL advantage of their connection to Nike.

There are people thinking this is about player appearances at restaurants and car dealers but I think the money involved is going to end up much bigger in P5 football.

ironman1315
        Ute Fan
        @ironman1315

Why not Pepsi?

Or Nintendo since the Nintendo of America pres is a U grad.

chinngiskhaan
          Ute Fan
          @chinngiskhaan

Oh yeah, Nintendo would be cool for teens

PlainsUte
          Ute Fan
          @plainsute

Is Tim Cook gonna sponsor Stanford players?

Viewing 4 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football NCAA will allow collegiate athletes to profit from likeness