Need to Protect Cam

Viewing 1 reply thread
      3 1

utahby05
      Ute Fan
      @utahby05

Given that we have had 2 QB’s transfer out this year, (Charlie Brewer & Peter Costelli), we are down to 3 QB’s on the Roster.

Besides Cam Rising, there is Ja’Quinden Jackson and Bryson Barnes. 

Jackson seems to be a perfect Wildcat type QB, but only has 6 carries on the year. 

I believe Barnes played in the Weber St game, but did not record any stats.  

It’s crazy how Thin we are at this key position. 

Cam is the Most Important player on this team and hopefully, Ludwig will do whatever is necessary (in the Colorado game) to protect him. There should be no designed QB runs. Passing plays should all be 3 step drop, quick release type passes. I’m hoping to just see Cam hand the ball off to a running back, over & over & over, etc… 

Utah really needs to get a nice lead, then rest Cam. It would also be nice to get Jackson or Barnes some experience. 

Go Utes!  Get the win and protect Cam 

7 1

ProudUte
      Ute Fan
      @proudute

I am all for getting a big lead and sitting Rising.  But, until that happens – you play to win and do what is necessary.  Anything else could lead to a disaster.  I have seen bad things happen when the favored team holds back for whatever reason.  IMO, you give everything you have. We should take nothing for granted. If Cam sees the end pinch in, he should run.  If we get a big lead, sit Rising and Lloyd.

Go Utes!!!

Charlie
        Ute Fan
        @charlie

I agree, we can’t accelerate to poor offense now by not using our QB in anticipation of poor offense that we may have if we become thin at QB. Remember, we still have QB3 so we would have to lose 3 QBs before we upset the recent plan to play QBs. With 3 games to go we need to reasonably expect that we can make it with 2 QBs. What team would not have some issues if QB1 and QB2 could not play?

Viewing 1 reply thread

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Need to Protect Cam