Viewing 5 reply threads

ironman1315
      Ute Fan
      @ironman1315
      8 1

Parach-Ute
      Ute Fan
      @parach-ute

Former 4 star instead of 5 star. Pace not impressed.

1 6

User Suspended
        @a2ute

Sounds like a good athlete who didn’t cut it at Baylor as a QB… did I miss something?

I have no doubt he’ll find a place on the team but not sure it’s QB.   Now, how’s the high school recruiting going?

UtahFanSir
          Ute Fan
          @utahfansir

We are seeing why Katravis Marsh opened up his recruitment. Someone suggested a day or so ago that the parting of ways was mutual.

Given that we have not heard from Tate Rodemaker, the overlooked Georgia HS QB recruit, I wonder if we can assume he is not coming to Utah. AL offered Tate at his HS after a practice during Utah’s recent bye week.

Peyton wants a shot at QB. Every program saw him as an athlete. Baylor indicated that they would give him a shot. While I don’t know what really happened I sense that ‘shot’ was half hearted. He’ll get his opportunity at Utah and likely have a year to learn Ludwig’s system. If he does not perform as well as required for the position—BTW nice to have options—he may end up in the secondary or at receiver. He is a terrific athlete. If he embraces Utah’s locker room ethos of team first, he will excel no matter what position he plays.

<p sBe happy.

BulgieUte
          Ute Fan
          @bulgieute

High school recruiting, what decade or you living in? It’s all about transfers now. Catch up pokey.

GameForAnyFuss
      Ute Fan
      @gameforanyfuss

Anonymous
      Ute Fan
      @anonymous

Terrific. Great having a prized 2021 option.

MineralUte
      Ute Fan
      @mineralute

If he’s here to play quarterback, this may trigger Shelley hitting the transfer portal.

ironman1315
        Ute Fan
        @ironman1315

Or he will shift to a different position like slot receiver.

Mr Chainsaw
        Ute Fan
        @mrchainsaw

He’s probably going to have to sit out next year because he’s a transfer.  Unless it gets waived somehow.  So I don’t think it mixes much up for next year, it’ll be between Rising and Shelley.

ThurstonW
        Ute Fan
        @thurstonw

I’m definitely not writing him off, I fully expect Shelley to compete well for the starting position!  He did a good job last year and that was before Ludwig came in and made significant improvements with the offense.

Ghost of the HEB
      Ute Fan
      @deseretgentlman

Huge get. Powell had offers from Oklahoma, Ohio State, Texas, etc. 

Viewing 5 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.