New Poll: Opinion on late kickoff home games

Viewing 9 reply threads

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

One thing seems to be sure, someone will always complain about the kick off time whether it is early or late.  Since this week’s game vs UCLA is an 8PM kick, I thought I’d poll the group for your opinion of the late kick. So what say you? Yay, nay, or neutral on lake kicks?  For me personally, it is a bit of a pain since it is bewitching time for my 8 year old by about halftime. Vote in the right column of the website and by tapping “Polls” on the Ute Hub mobile app.  Comment here in this thread on why you voted the way you did.

GO UTES

dystopiamembrane
      Ute Fan
      @dystopiamembrane

C’mon, Dislike. Papa needs a new pair of shoes.

dystopiamembrane
        Ute Fan
        @dystopiamembrane

Dislikes are rollin’ in. Do you hear that, Pac-12?

astUTE
      Ute Fan
      @astute

8:00 PM (or later) kick off time

PROS

– they are not too bad for early season non-conference games when the weather is much warmer

– it works out OK for tailgating, in that you can have dinner and drinks at a normal hour, and still get to the game by start time

CONS

– terrible for the confernece in generating an knowledge of or interesting in our teams/games for east coast tv viewers

– terrible for late season games due to weather and temperatures

– I’m typically not home until after midnight for these games, which is not ideal (and I live close to the stadium)

I personally love the afternoon or early evening games. Start time anywhere between 2:00 and 6:00 PM (maybe as late as 7:00 PM).

Xanthis
      Ute Fan
      @xanthis

Generally I don’t care about the time, but this week I was a little bummed because of Trick or Treating. I’ll have plenty of Utah games in my future, but only so trick or treating days with the little ones. I was able to find some Utah fans to give my tickets to so it ended up being a win. I would hate for my seats to go unused. 

PlainsUte
        Ute Fan
        @plainsute

Um, Halloween is Sunday.

Tony (admin)
          Admin/Founder
          @admin

Not in Utah. 

beaslad
            Ute Fan
            @beaslad

Definitely not a Utah only thing. Tons of places do it on Saturday if it falls on a Sunday.

Xanthis
          Ute Fan
          @xanthis

What Tony said. I so wish it was the case, but not here.

1 5

PlainsUte
          Ute Fan
          @plainsute

Don’t blame the Utes/Pac-12 if the predominant religion wants to move a family activity for a Christian holiday on their own.  I live in a Bible Belt state, there have been some questions about it, but our neighborhood and city are onboard with Sunday as it is the actual Eve of All-Saints Day.

Xanthis
            Ute Fan
            @xanthis

I don’t feel like I was blaming anyone. I was bummed the kick off was at 8pm this weekend only because I knew I couldn’t personally make it. Selfishly I wanted the 1:30pm time slot. In the end I am going to be able to attend the RSL game at 1:30 and found 4 people who could go to the Utah game at 8. 

Utah5410
      Ute Fan
      @utah5410

I love it. For some reason. Utah plays better under the lights, the fans care more and show up on -time under the lights and the energy is better under the lights. Plus, it helps that it gets cold for these warm weather teams. Huge advantage for us.

SkinyUte
      Ute Fan
      @skinyute

I like that we tend to play better under the lights.

I dislike that finding babysitters to stay until after midnight is nearly impossible, so one of us (either me or Mrs. SkinyUte) always has to stay home.  We tried bringing the kids to one a couple years ago, and they barely made it to halftime.

Plus, I’m an old fart now and that’s way past my bedtime.  LOL  I’m usually dragging hard by the end of the late games, since I typically wake up around 6am.  Now get offa my lawn.  

dystopiamembrane
      Ute Fan
      @dystopiamembrane

Personally, I dislike late games because I start watching games at the bar sometime between 10 and noon. If the Utah game is on at 7 or 8, it means I will have been drinking for 12 hours or so.

Charlie
      Ute Fan
      @charlie

One or two late nights in September is enough, other than that vary between 1:30 and 5:00.

Mule
        Ute Fan
        @mule

Selfishly, I love the late games because I wouldn’t be able to go otherwise (kids in sports on Saturdays, including a football championship this Saturday!). Now after this Saturday and for the rest of the season, 1pm-5pm starts are perfect!

Hellhound152
      Ute Fan
      @hellhound152

I perfer the late games.  I travel from out of state for the games and arrive on Friday evening.  When the games are late I get to go hunting with my Dad on Saturday’s and have time to get other Utah things done that I need to.  It makes for a better trip.

Hoo Ray Who?
      Ute Fan
      @mattybumbo

I answered that I like the nightlife…I am uniquely fortunate though. Wife and daughter don’t really care to come to the games, but love the tailgate. They’ll come mix it up, we’ll trick or treat the tailgate lot, and they’ll head out for supplemental candy after. (Have you seen the haul these kids get at the tailgate trick or treat?) 

Blackout, (sorry….Dark Mode) under the lights, packed RES…..yeah bring that nighttime energy.

Viewing 9 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football New Poll: Opinion on late kickoff home games