New Poll: Predict the 2019 Utah Football regular season record

Viewing 6 reply threads

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

Vote in the new poll on the Ute Hub app and webste! Discuss your vote here. Have a Kool-Aid.

SalUteopia
      Ute Fan
      @saluteopia

User Suspended
        @a2ute

15 sacks?

FtheY
          Ute Fan
          @fthey

Yes please.

Tony (admin)
        Admin/Founder
        @admin

I thought about putting:

12-1

13-1

14-1

15-0

LOL

3 6

AgouraUte
      @agouraute

I don’t see us beating Washington, ASU or WSU

FtheY
        Ute Fan
        @fthey

We have to get one of those guys. I really think we can, maybe even 2 of them. I’m more worried about losing to someone we shouldn’t…the proverbial WTF loss. 

It’s 10-2 or bust this year. Even if we go 9-3 and win the Conference title, it will be the same old “well someone has to win” or “it’s a down conference” or “wow, Watch out for Herm Edwards next year”. 10-2 gives us a chance at breaking that narrative. 

I voted 10-2, but the realist Utah fan in me thinks 9-3. 

Recruting and consistency are the next big steps for this program and I think this could be the year we turn the corner. 

AZUTE
        Ute Fan
        @azute

You don’t see Utah beating ASU or WSU at home when they both bring in new QBs?

I’ll be supremely disappointed if Utah doesn’t beat them both by double digits.

Especially the Sun Turds after the way the celebrated on the field last season in Tempe.

They come to slc with a new QB no Harry and an average D. Put 8 in the box to stop Eno and problem solved.

4 2

AgouraUte
          @agouraute

I have realized with Utah football, the key for me to have sanity during the season is to have extremely low expectations. It concerns me that we are getting so many preseason accolades, it feels like it’s setting up the fan base for major disappointment. If we can do better than last year, I consider it a success. We have had too many WTF losses in the past. I truly hope I am wrong

Charlie
        Ute Fan
        @charlie

Washington will decline, I think they and WSU will be at a similar level with Utah. For now the lines seem thin.

ASU will be the strongest competition for Utah. They do skip Stanford and Washington, Utah skips Stanford and Oregon.

3 2

Trailgoat
        Ute Fan
        @utahgoat

I see at least 3 losses. Out coached by Petersen is a given. I think Petersen has very little respect for KW as a coach and Utah as a program. Forshor a WTF loss. Loss to one or both of the AZ teams. I know I will get blasted for saying this, would not be surprised if Utah loses to BYU. Absolutely hope this is not the case.

One thing about KWs teams with a loaded roster or a younger roster, his teams play up as the underdog and play down as the favorite. IMO, this is what makes KW a good coach and not a great coach. Let’s not forget he still has a losing record in the P12. Just keeping it real. We have been to this same rodeo for many years. I cringe reading the Utes getting media hype. This team does not play well as the hunted. Go Utes!

SUUte
      Ute Fan
      @garrstew

11-1

EagleMountainUte
      Ute Fan
      @battlegroundute

Undefeated. I am not deluded I don’t like imagining losses anymore. Utah should be favored in most games this season though. Sans Washington and USC. ASU I think is Utah’s biggest threat for the south. 

Utah5410
      Ute Fan
      @utah5410

10-2 realistically. Loss to UW and drop a WTF game. But will be enough to win the south

Tednab
        Ute Fan
        @tednab

9-3 .. lose to Oregon in pac 12 championship game.. have to include the normal Injuries and a lack luster offensive as key for those loses

3 3

noneyadb
      Ute Fan
      @noneyadb

8-4

Losses to USC, UCLA, Wazzu and Ughhh Brigham…

Utebeam
        Ute Fan
        @utebeam

There are several comments about a loss to BYU. Wtf, under what scenario does that happen? We demolished them in a quarter and a half with a back up qb and rb. Do you think for a second our guys won’t be spun up knowing they were humiliated for two and a half quarters? I promise you our players will come out with something to prove.

Puget Ute
          Ute Fan
          @pugetute

Zack Moss will get 150 yds and 2 TDs. Andy Ludwig KNOWS how to build the offense around our weapons. We may have 3 different receivers get 100 yds (Dixon, Enis, Thompson, combo of Kuithe/Fotheringham, maybe Covey? – not sure if he will be back yet).

We are absolutely stacked with 1st-day starting NFL talent on the D line, and most of our starting DBs will spend a long time in the NFL (Jaylon Johnson and Jav Guidry may be 1st-day starters).

We will need Frances Bernard and Manny Bown to step up in a big way to handle passes over the midle. I don’t know if byu will have any kind of a rushing threat, but Zach Wilson is a decent scrambler and will need to be contained.

Things will need to monumentally bad for Utah to lose to byu-P.  That said, this game is their Superb Owl for the year, and they will focus everything they can on the game.

EagleMountainUte
            Ute Fan
            @battlegroundute

If Sitake wants to remain the head coach of TDS he has to win that game. Not to say he couldn’t do well enough after Utah loss to survive…that 2021 and 2022 schedule.  BRUTAL!!

3 1

noneyadb
          Ute Fan
          @noneyadb

Sooner or later it’s bound to happen. But for the last several years all I’ve heard is how superior Utah is to Brigham, yet the final score doesn’t indicate this widening gap.

1- Utah for the last 3 years has started off very sluggish.

2- Huntley is not a drop back passer. How does that mesh with Ludwig? Yes Moss well get the ball, but Huntley has to be able to connect on deep routes and stay in the pocket. Sorry but these are not his strengths.

3-Huntley needs a #1 go to receiver. Covey was great pre-mission. Post-mission he lost a step and wasn’t ready to come back. Add in a knee injury and I have strong doubts he’ll be back to the pre-mission Covey that made him so elusive by the First game of the season. So who is going to be Huntley’s go-to receiver? Enis, Thompson, Dixon, Simpkins???  Huntley and Simpkins should have timing routes down to a T, yet Huntley rarely looks his way.  Odd for a QB and WR to have played together for so long, yet have zero connection when it comes to the finer details.

Do I think Utah stream rolls Brigham? Yes. But it wouldn’t surprise me for Brigham to pull the upset. Wisconsin was a lock, Texas, etc…

2 1

Central Coast Ute
            Ute Fan
            @flip2848

The weaknesses you pointed out in Huntley were the same as Brian Johnson. Ludwig was able to rein him in for his senior season and they beat Bama. Don’t be so quick to assume that Huntley won’t mesh with Ludwig. Ludwig is a smart OC. He’s been around. He’ll use his players strengths to help them be successful.

noneyadb
              Ute Fan
              @noneyadb

Brian Johnson worked with Ludwig for how many seasons? 4?? Your comparing Johnson after 4 seasons with Ludwig, and hoping that Huntley will do the same in one off-season??
              Johnson was one of the youngest OC’s in the country, and now a QB coach at Florida for a reason. Huntley is not on the same level as Johnson… Your reaching for that pot of gold.

Central Coast Ute
          Ute Fan
          @flip2848

Exactly. And this year it’s a meaningless game at the beginning of the year. Last year it was a meaningless game sandwiched between the last PAC 12 game and the CCG. The players should have more focus and won’t be looking ahead.

Viewing 6 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football New Poll: Predict the 2019 Utah Football regular season record