Nice Win! Fun game!

Viewing 1 reply thread

astUTE
      Ute Fan
      @astute

Utah won this game by outplaying the opponent start to finish.  There were a couple turnover stretches that were hard to watch, but otherwise, the team fought hard and played better.

Rotation was better.  They were not as predictable, and I saw a few either new, or better executed sets.

It was a decent crowd for a Sunday game in SLC.  Not a big crowd but a lot of people participating.

The band played more than any game I recall in a few years.

I wonder if the announcer was told to tone it down a bit, or if he took it upon himself – either way, he was loud, but nothing resembling a monster truck show announcer.  Big improvement.

One more home game left – Colorado will be very difficult, but I’m encouraged by what I saw today.

All in all, a nice late afternoon at the Hunty – very happy we went!  (Now off to the Taqueria for tacos and margaritas.)

Only negative: Jones was injured near the end and left the court.  Looked like a knee – I certainly hope is it not serious.  We need him.

gUrthBrooks
      Ute Fan
      @hammer

Who is the announcer? That Tony whatever radio guy?

astUTE
        Ute Fan
        @astute

Not sure of his name.  He is new this year, replacing Tommy Connor’s brother, who was the announcer for several years.  

Viewing 1 reply thread

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Basketball (Men) Nice Win! Fun game!