Night with the Utes

Viewing 2 reply threads

Staples
      Ute Fan
      @staples

Anyone else make it up to Runnin’ Utes night last night (and judging by the amount of people there, my guess is no?)  With the caveat that it’s always difficult to make much of anything from these things, I think there’s some promise on the team but don’t see us continuing our run of top four finishes in the conference.  We can count on Timmy Allen being solid, but besides that a few players stood out to me:

Rylan Jones – really impressed with the way he sees the floor, court vision is a step above anyone else on the team.  Didn’t score a ton but had a couple of impressive mid-range shots in the second half.  

Alfonso Plummer – looks like he has some talent, smooth looking shot.  

Matt Van Komen – he is tall, reminded me of David Foster.  I saw in the D-News that Krystko was thinking of redshirting him, but he could contribute right away defensively.  

Looks to be yet another rebuilding year.  If we could actually keep some players around there’s definitely some potential for a very good team down the road … but that’s a big if given recent history.  

EutawStreet
      Ute Fan
      @eutawstreet

Are they using the same PA announcer as last year?  

Staples
        Ute Fan
        @staples

Yep, same PA guy as last year.

EutawStreet
          Ute Fan
          @eutawstreet

Thanks.  It’s tough enough to pay to watch them compete againt teams that cheat.  To sit and wonder which players will still be on the team next season.  To cringe at all of the silly turnovers that never seem to be addressed.  To hold your breath when they are trying to get the ball inbounds.  I’ll sit through all that and the jump roping and dancing grannies but, I can not listen to that announcer!  

Tony (admin)
          Admin/Founder
          @admin

Oh God I thought he was canned. Horrible.

TheJuggernaut
      Ute Fan
      @thejuggernaut

There’s a ton of talent on this team, with two impact players joining next year. If K can keep this roster together there’s potential for some special years in the near future.

8 1

EagleMountainUte
        Ute Fan
        @battlegroundute

Every year this is what we say.  

utefansince79
          Ute Fan
          @utefansince79

On PAPER, we could be loaded once the incoming class gets a bit of experience.  (Never really know, some great high schoolers never make that next step) But if you took all the players who have left that could have been on this year’s lineup, it would have been a strong and deep team.

Viewing 2 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Basketball (Men) Night with the Utes