Oddsmakers set 9 as Utah wins over/under

Viewing 2 reply threads

PlainsUte
      Ute Fan
      @plainsute

Looks like UteHub members are strongly for “over”.

Others of note:  UW: 9.5, Oregon: 9, WSU: 8, ASU:7.5, Ariz: 7, ‘furd: 6.5, USC:6.5, UCLA: 5.5

USU: 7  TDS: 6

CBS Sports Reports 2019 Win Totals from Oddsmakers

AlohaUte
      Ute Fan
      @alohaute

Any thing less than 10-2 after the CU game and I think we underperformed

ironman1315
        Ute Fan
        @ironman1315

We’re going 15-0.

TheJuggernaut
        Ute Fan
        @thejuggernaut

Agree, 10 wins and the South Division title should be the starting point. It’s possible we’ll be favored in every game except @UW.

GameForAnyFuss
        Ute Fan
        @gameforanyfuss

You have to take injuries into account when deciding whether a team underperformed or not. I’m not prepared to make a blanket statement about what record constitutes success until we see how we’re affected by injuries – how long and on whom.

BulgieUte
          Ute Fan
          @bulgieute

This is the ultimate team sport it’s also a sport of attrition. Every team faces injury challenges so it’s fair to judge regardless of injuries. It comes down to depth and coaching adjustments to injuries. Record is the absolute purest way to judge team performance. Injury is nothing more than circumstance and excuse.

FtheY
        Ute Fan
        @fthey

Unfortunately, I all that matters is national perception and what the media can see on paper. 

All they will see is a Sr quarterback and running back, easier schedule and more home games, which translates into an expectation of more wins. 

By definition, more wins means 10-2 or better. 

We can have all the context or injuries in the world, but it will not matter if we don’t have 10 wins. 

Could we go 9-3, go to the conf championship and be 10-3? Sure, but the narrative will continue to be a soft south or an injured Herbert or a high turnover Washington story.

Unless we get the rose bowl and win again to go 11-3, that’s the only acceptable, non 10-2 option. However, that is less likely by definition if we’ve lost three games already. 

The solve is to go 10-2 if we want to take the next step forward as a program and silence all narratives. This is my hope and then we can worry about championships and bowl selection later. This should also allow us to win the south outright and control our own destiny, instead of relying on tiebreakers and specific losses. 

I get it, this is an extremely tall order and I wish circumstances were better, but this is what we’re up against and we have to find a way to make it happen. I think our guys and the staff are up for it. 

Let’s get it done. Here’s to 10-2! 

Redblood
      Ute Fan
      @redblood

What was it last year?

Viewing 2 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Oddsmakers set 9 as Utah wins over/under