ok, I’m going to be that guy. Of the RB’s on next year’s roster, who is most

Viewing 7 reply threads

gUrthBrooks
      Ute Fan
      @hammer

likely to transfer. You have a bunch of guys right on the cusp of being that go to guy but who were far enough behind Moss not to compete for significant reps. Much of this hat to do with Moss’s elite play. My favoirte player is Brumfield. The kids ran for 88 TD’s in HS. He’s that stout guy who could actually get a 4th and 1 and was a solid pass blocker. Wilmore looked good but also looked his age, 17-18 year old body. A year under his belt could prove very beneficial. DHC (SR to be) has those flashes of brilliance, as does TJ Green (JR to be). Micah Bernard will be a RS Freshman and the new recruit Ty Jordan looks like that super fast small back that defenses cannot tackle because they run so low to the ground.

If I had to bet on someone leaving? I would just say that either Utah is stacked or it is a bit crowded at that spot. I would think DHC would see how things go in fall camp and then make a decision based on where he is slotted.  

LetItRide
      Ute Fan
      @letitride

Wilmores touches dropped drastically after his fumble at UDub.

I’d say it’s Brumfield leading the way and Willmore, Ty Jordan as future rbs.
      Green may be the one to bolt. DHC is a change of pace guy in certain packages.

Swoop Doggy Dogg
        Ute Fan
        @swoopdoggydogg

Remember how Utah fans wanted nothing to do with Zach Moss in his freshman season, after he didn’t follow lead blocker, and Morris Trophy winner, Isaac Asiata into the end zone and Utah lost on the goal line against Cal?

I wouldn’t write off Wilmore. He’s going to be fine. RBs look good next season.

noneyadb
        Ute Fan
        @noneyadb

Wilmore’s touches dropped to zero after one lost fumble, yet Simpkins fumbled nearly every game for his entire career, and never got benched. Gotta love a coach that caters to his “star” players.

UtahFanSir
      Ute Fan
      @utahfansir

What Utah’s roster looks like after the early signing period

This new 247Sports article deals with all options per position. I’ve seen a number of posts on Utah 2020. Steve Bartle gives us the tools to better evaluate how the Utes will stack up next season.

gUrthBrooks
        Ute Fan
        @hammer

But did you click on the link to TJ Green in that article? I had no idea!!!!

EagleMountainUte
      Ute Fan
      @battlegroundute

Spring is going to be interesting. Feels like it has already started with Shelley trying out safety. 

LetItRide
      Ute Fan
      @letitride

By no means not writing him off as I explained he and TyJordan will follow Brumfield at least at beginning of Spring Ball.

Just that the coaches seemed to not give him the pigskin as much thereafter the fumble against UDub.

Swoop Doggy Dogg
        Ute Fan
        @swoopdoggydogg

Yeah, sorry, wasn’t trying to imply you specifically were dismissing Wilmore.

Swoop Doggy Dogg
      Ute Fan
      @swoopdoggydogg

The one most likely to transfer would have to be DVC. He’s a senior and may have graduated. But he’ll also be in the mix for a lot of playing time. He’s a fast kid. I don’t see underclassmen going anywhere.

I think it will be RB by committee, until someone breaks from the pack. Or as in years past, Utah has often had a very effective 1-2 combo. A bruiser for short yardage and then a home run hitter on the edges. Juan Johnson and Chris Fuamatu Ma’afala, Eddie Wide and Matt Asiata, Adam Tate and Dameon Hunter, etc.

Yergensen
      Ute Fan
      @yergensen

Most likely to transfer will be TJ Green and/or DHC

What I would like the 2020 depth chart to be: RB1 – DHC RB2 – Wilmore RB3 – Brumfield RB4 – TJ Green.  IMO DHC was quite a bit more productive than the others and the one playmaker I saw at RB outside of Moss this year.  I disagree with the “change of pace”  label and TJ Green comparisons that he gets.  DHC can run between and outside the tackles.  I don’t think we know how he would hold up with 20 touches a game, but that’s a question for all of our returners.  We need to see more of Wilmore, nice frosh year but I don’t think he ran well between the tackles  I like his power, size, and pass pro but I don’t see special talent in Brumfield and TJ Green is truly a change of pace back.

What I think it will be: RB1 – Wilmore RB2 – Brumfield RB3 – DHC RB4 – TJ Green

Hellhound152
        Ute Fan
        @hellhound152

I will be less than thrilled if TJ leaves but I would totally understand.  For whatever reason he and McDonald have been at odds since McDonald got here.  I remember so many times at the end of 18′ when TJ would bounce outside and tear off 12 yards only to get pulled and McDonald was yelling at him on the sideline.  With the exception of Moss McDonald has been very loyal to his guys which is a shame because I felt like DHC in particular did more with his carries than Wilmore and Brumfield this season.  Brumfield seemed to be at his best in obvious passing downs as a blocker or running against a light box.

Yergensen
          Ute Fan
          @yergensen

Yeah, there is always some degree of politics involved.  Do both DHC and TJ predate McDonald?  McDonald wouldn’t be the first guy to prefer ‘his’ guys.

Hellhound152
            Ute Fan
            @hellhound152

DHC was Erickson’s recruit and came in the same class as Moss.  He had his freshmen year wasted Alex Smith style on a few plays.  Then redshirted with injury in 18′.

TJ was Erickson’s last recruit.  McDonald closed him in the transition but he didn’t do any of the preliminary work.  I am sure Erickson was in love with his combination of size and speed.  But I swear TJ is the only back I have ever seen McDonald flat out yell at.  Everyone else seems to get the arm around the shoulder but TJ.

McDonald’s role has always interested me. He came in as Troy Taylor’s guy. I will be very interested to see what happens with the backs now that Moss is moving on. Taylor’s disjointed offense really struggled with creating an identity for the backs until the offense mysteriously “changed” after the Washington game in 18′.

Utesby1
      Ute Fan
      @garykennedy

Stop reposting content from paid sites. You are hurting guys who put a lot of time and effort into trying to build a business. 

Hellhound152
        Ute Fan
        @hellhound152

Yeah, how dare you post an unrestricted free article from a paid site.  They put a lot of effort posting those free articles hoping to get some interest in the site by giving teasers to get people to subscribe.  Now you are driving traffic to them.  Shame on you!  Lulz

Viewing 7 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football ok, I’m going to be that guy. Of the RB’s on next year’s roster, who is most