On QBs, you pretty much know whether they’ve got it within a couple games

Viewing 3 reply threads
      2 1

Anonymous
      Inactive

There can be some development in the decision making, but playmaking, throwing, it’s like speed, you can’t teach it.  We’ve seen a season of TWII and he’s a 50% passer.  That’s what you’re going to get.  The best approach to the QB situation is to recruit the position like hell, plug and play and weed them out.  Look at USC.  They had 5 star Max Browne.  They gave him a 3 game chance and then installed Sam Darnold.  Browne is now hitting the road ala Jake Heaps.

cjd1
      Ute Fan
      @cjd1

Maybe Huntley will be ready this fall.

RisingSun
      Ute Fan
      @risingsun

I don’t believe your premise on a couple games for a second. Way more to it than that. I have no comment on TW2.

UteThunder
        Ute Fan
        @utethunder

I agree with RisingSun. If we bench our starter after a couple of games and the backup stinks it up for a couple of games, then what do we do? Go to the 3rd string? And then if he sucks for a couple of games? This would be a horrible way to run a team.

Anonymous
        Inactive

NFL coaches will tell you that they know what they’ve got in a QB within 7 or 8 games.  See Dak Prescott vs Jared Goff.  See Sam Darnold vs TWII.

Sweetness
      Ute Fan
      @sweetness

Troy looked like he had “it” four games into the season and then he sprained his MCL. Was clearly a differnet player starting with the Cal game and never seemed to be right again. 

This is why (IMO) roderick was fired and priority A is bringing someone in who is a solid QB coach. Had Troy maintained his play from the first 4 games through the remainder of the season we win 11 games. Instead he regressed, like all QBs have done here since we lost Chow. 

Viewing 3 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football On QBs, you pretty much know whether they’ve got it within a couple games