One thing is certain about this team

Viewing 2 reply threads

Utesby1
      Ute Fan
      @garykennedy

We are younger than any major DI team in the country. That means some sloppy play and ups and downs but most of all it means the tkeam will literally improve every game. When you are as young as we are we will be able to see almost constant improvement.

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

Our bigs are already more coordinated and better FT shooters than the previous ones. Hope they develop better.

chinngiskhaan
        Ute Fan
        @chinngiskhaan

Lahat has been playing for a much shorter time than Jayce, and he has managed to figure out how to properly shoot a ball. Bad shooting form is one thing I cannot understand… it is nothing more than an arrogant refusal to admit you are doing it wrong.

UtahFanSir
          Ute Fan
          @utahfansir

Interestingly enough the same tall player you mention now applying his ‘skills’ at a university where Big Rick cut his teeth, is on record and I paraphrase that he has learned more since being there, than he did is his three year tenure at Utah under K3.

Tony (admin)
            Admin/Founder
            @admin

This does not surprise me.

Duhwayne
            Ute Fan
            @duhwayne

Of course, Jakob Poetl is a giant refutation of his argument. Sour grapes if you ask me. 

Tony (admin)
              Admin/Founder
              @admin

I think he worked hard on his own. 

LetItRide
      Ute Fan
      @letitride

No doubt about ups and downs. If you watched the game you can see the potential of domination they exemplified in first portion of game going up 16-0.

Then there was the infamous Utah scoring droughts, which was a first this season, during second half. Plus, unforced errors with dribbling……..man that was hard to watch. Our ball handlers were very sloppy last night and also dribbled into areas where they were vulnerable to getting trapped or ball swiped at and lost. The team lost their passing ability of moving the ball around and breaking down a defense and let Minny dictate the style of play. That can be improved upon going forward.

Just be ready for some blowout games against top tier talented teams during the season as The conference is loaded with rich, talented players. It’s fun to watch this team game by game and hopefully they continue to gel and transform into a viable team game by game.

Turnovers were a major problem last year and last night was not a good sign. If the team can cut down on unforced TOs we can compete in every game. Last nights game should not of been that close.

On a positive ending note……it’s exciting group to watch and grow and look forward to next years class to join in and become a contender.

Viewing 2 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Basketball (Men) One thing is certain about this team