Phil Steele – Utah #22

Viewing 3 reply threads

wcrunner
      Ute Fan
      @wcrunner

Maybe this was already posted but I saw it on 247 for his top 25.

Steele: “The Pac-12 South is wide open and Utah has QB Huntley, RB Moss, a veteran oline, a Top 25 defense and my No. 1 rated special teams. This team is capable of double-digit wins and will contend in the South.”

247Sports take: Utah is one of the more undervalued teams nationally and didn’t find a spot in a major bowl in our preseason projections. The Pac-12 is loaded with talented teams at the top without much separation. The Utes should probably be mentioned in the same breath as Washington, Stanford and USC, but often isn’t.

EagleMountainUte
      Ute Fan
      @battlegroundute

We blow it so consistently it is deserved. Edit: In reference to not being mentioned in the same breath as those teams. Once Utah beats Washington it will start.

Dwight89
      Ute Fan
      @jordan-buckner

I hate to get my hopes up….but dang this makes me excited. 

ProudUte
        Ute Fan
        @proudute

As for me – I will be disappointed with anything less than winning the South.  Yes, we have a difficult schedule.  But, that’s life.  The rest of the South has issues; i.e. new coach, new QB, etc.  We have an experienced QB and Oline.  We have a 100 yard rusher and depth at RB.  We have a game-changer in Covey.  On defense we have one of the best defensive backfields in the country.  We have solid linebackers and some say our Dline could be better this year even though we are young.

So, yes – I beleive we should win the South.  But, injuries will play a role for every team.  How many will we have and who will we lose?  

Go Utes!!!

AlohaUte
          Ute Fan
          @alohaute

A 3-way race between us, $C, and Zona. Will be interesting to see how quick Sumlin’s system can get traction in Tucson.

Puget Ute
          Ute Fan
          @pugetute

We have a great team this year and are set up for real greatness next year.  But this year we are stuck relying on other PAC teams to step up and keep USC down, since they skip both UW and Oregon.  Somebody else will need to work a miracle for us.

KiYi-Ute
      Ute Fan
      @kiyi-ute

I’ll take some more crimson Kool-Aid please.

Viewing 3 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Phil Steele – Utah #22