Poll seeing mostly optimistic results so far.

Viewing 3 reply threads

EagleMountainUte
      Ute Fan
      @battlegroundute

I put down Large Improvement.  I wasn’t a huge fan of the hire at first. But watching some of the 2018 losses  recently I think we will see improvement.  It also might be because of the schedule being so much easier. Cal is pretty good defensively and so will Washington. Getting USC early isn’t great either. We will largely see how well Ludwig structures a game against NIU. 

Moss and how he runs after the injury will interest me a lot.  Huntley and where he is mentally this year. Oline gelling and somehow wide receivers catching the ball. Tight ends are something Huntley can rely on a lot more this season. 

PhiladelphiaUte
      Ute Fan
      @philadelphiaute

I think getting USC early plays to our favor, as there’s a lot of turmoil and drama going on over there. Ergo, the less time they have to “get it together”, the better it is for the Utes — a team who’d already gotten it together.

GO UTES!!!

EagleMountainUte
        Ute Fan
        @battlegroundute

I don’t ever want to count them out. I know all of the returning USC players will be circling that game because Utah straight up pants them in Salt Lake. The talent at USC can show up without notice at all times during the season. 

Tony (admin)
        Admin/Founder
        @admin

The problem with that theory is it often takes us 4-5 games to get it together at the beginning of the season. 

Trailgoat
        Ute Fan
        @utahgoat

Honest question..who is going to catch the ball for Utah? I doubt Covey will be 100% ready to play. Drops at USC will not get it done. Nacua is too slow to get open against USC DBs. TEs Enis, Thompson, and Dixon are about the only match up options against the USC big-fast DBs. Hopefully Ludwig will have a good game plan. 

EagleMountainUte
          Ute Fan
          @battlegroundute

When Utah’s offense was rolling after the Stanford game everyone was catching the ball. I think we forget how young some of these kids are. Utah was a young team that won the south. 

Utesbyfive
          Ute Fan
          @utesbyfive

Samson Nacua, Solomon Enis, Covey maybe.

TheJuggernaut
            Ute Fan
            @thejuggernaut

Kuithe, Fotheringham, Dixon, Thompson

EagleMountainUte
              Ute Fan
              @battlegroundute

We almost forget how valuable Dixon was with Shelley he is able to take the top off as good as anyone. Huntley will get to know him more and use him. 

AUDIIDUA
        Ute Fan
        @audiidua

In context of the USC game, Utah has yet to beat them in their stadium since joining the Pac 12.

Here’s to hoping we rewrite that piece of history this year!! 🍺🍺

Justin
          Ute Fan
          @sagerclan2

The Utes haven’t won in the coliseum since 1916!! That streak needs to end this year, over a century streak is a long damn time…

EastCoastUte
      Ute Fan
      @eastcoastute

even though we have an “easier” schedule this year, i think thats great for Ludwig to come in and slowing work his plays into the program. then once he’s atleast had 1 year in the OC seat, then he’ll be more familiar with the team and get a better understanding of how to run utahs offense. just my 2 cents.

Utah5410
      Ute Fan
      @utah5410

Exactly. Which is why I was so bummed with Puka.

AUDIIDUA
        Ute Fan
        @audiidua

Whether this has validity to it or not, I was informed by a colleague who’s son plays in State highschool football and was friends with Puka, said Puka was never coming to Utah to begin with.

Apparently the Mother and Brother were all for it but the brothers aren’t very close in terms of family. Now this is word of mouth so I understand it has no legs. But if it is true, that’s too bad.

Viewing 3 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Poll seeing mostly optimistic results so far.