Potential loss to BYU

• Next: @ USC – Fri Sept 20 7PM – FS1

Wilson’s Mustache
      Ute Fan
      @sigmaute

I’ve read a lot of Utah fans comment how, win or lose, this game is meaningless and doesn’t derail our season. That is true in regards to a conference championship and Rose bowl berth. However, I feel like one thing being overlooked a bit would be Utah’s bowl options outside winning the Championship. 

I don’t feel like the playoffs is a legitimate goal for this team as its very unlikely to happen. So in that regard, yes, one loss to BYU doesn’t really affect anything. A loss to BYU though could prevent Utah getting an at-large bid to a NY6 bowl should they make it to the PAC-12 Championship game and lose. A NY6 bowl bid would be an awesome consolation prize if we can’t win a conference championship, but it most likely can’t happen if we were to drop a game to BYU because I don’t see Utah making it out of the PAC-12 slate with less than 1-2 losses.

With all that said….

BYU isn’t winning next week
      &
      See you guys in Pasadena!

whitlessham
      Ute Fan
      @whitelssham

The only way Utah gets a NY6 invite with a zoob lose is to go undeafeated in the Pac12  and then play in a competetive lose in the PAC12 championship game.

Losing to the zoobs give you no margin for error  

ladyinred
      Ute Fan
      @ladyinred

We don’t lose to ‘that team’.

Central Coast Ute
      Ute Fan
      @flip2848

Bottom line, Utah can’t lose this game but the TDS can. Which is why it p**ses me off that they have to schedule this BS.

J-Cut
        Ute Fan
        @deseretgentlman

Brett McMurphy said it best — “Utah has nothing to gain from playing this game. A win means nothing, and a loss hurts a lot”

PhiladelphiaUte
        Ute Fan
        @philadelphiaute

Yep.  Their bowl game had already been decided — well before their media days.  Ours is still TBD.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Utah Utes Message Board Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Potential loss to BYU

This topic contains 5 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  PhiladelphiaUte 3 weeks, 5 days ago.