Power Five realignment looking real…NCAA less significant due to pandemic

Viewing 2 reply threads

mesovanhorny
      Ute Fan
      @mesovanhorny

UteThunder
      Ute Fan
      @utethunder

I hate seeing where college sports looks like it is headed.

Duhwayne
      Ute Fan
      @duhwayne

If that is how is gets done, that would be good for Utah. If the 65 then fractures into 32 or 24,that would probably not be good for Utah. Being in AAU helps.

Utesbyfive
        Ute Fan
        @utesbyfive

I view The Pac-12 and the Big-10 and their emphasis on AAU membership to be a big plus for both conferences.

UteThunder
        Ute Fan
        @utethunder

Utah should be in a good place for any kind of contraction due to market size and market redundancy, or rather lack thereof. Schools like Oregon State, Washington State, and Arizona are the schools that would really need to worry about not making the cut because they come from smaller markets and Oregon, Washington, and Arizona State all deliver the greater markets those schools come from which makes the others unnecessary extra mouths to feed. Then again, those schools have decades of tradition being in “the club” whereas Utah does not.

PhiladelphiaUte
          Ute Fan
          @philadelphiaute

Is Tucson a “small market”?  I always thought it was larger than Salt Lake City.

Grayshirt
            Ute Fan
            @grayshirt
            Salt Lake City/Metro population

US: 47th

Tucson/Metro population

58th

UteThunder
              Ute Fan
              @utethunder

I did not know Tucson was that big. Regardless, Phoenix is the big market in Arizona and the Sun Devils deliver that better than the Wildcats would.

Viewing 2 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Power Five realignment looking real…NCAA less significant due to pandemic