Public Service Announcement: For those of you folks who love BBQ…

Viewing 4 reply threads
      12 4

PhiladelphiaUte
      Ute Fan
      @philadelphiaute

…you might wanna steer clear of THIS place.  They’ll probably spit in your food!

From “Charlotte-Rose BBQ” [Millcreek, UT] restauranteur, Trae Eller…

Typical Ute fan.  I’m from the SEC and until you played Alabama, no one even heard of y’all or your highschool [sic] stadium, commuter school fan base…..your fans don’t seem to know much about football.”

And then, after catching some major “customer” blowback from the above tweet, Mr. Eller tried to backpedal by claiming he was only joking, and that he’s really a Utah alumnus…

Hey.  Made a joke that was misunderstood.  My bad.  Please don’t jump on my business.  I went to Utah and I obviously like the Utes.  It was a joke about the SEC’s impression of Utah.  Joke.”

But his LinkedIn page suggests he’d never attended the University of Utah NOR any schools from the SEC.  He went to the College of Charleston!

He’s evidently LDS, and huge ybU fan — which definitely explains the zoobie talking points (i.e. stadium “size” talk, outdated “commuter school” status), and the propensity to lie about who he is.

He was in our ward for a while.  Big BYU fan, actually.” — Bob Vance

11 6

Ute Dub
      Ute Fan
      @chestercopperpot

IDK. Can we separate being fans from destroying someone’s livelihood? 

6 8

Stone
        Ute Fan
        @stone

Seriously, thin-skinned much? The guy is a fan of another school, so what? Are we only to eat at establishments that are fans of the U of U? Give me a break.

To insinuate that the place should be avoided, and that he might spit in your food takes the rhetoric to another level.

PhiladelphiaUte
          Ute Fan
          @philadelphiaute

Because he’s a liar.  I don’t trust those sorts in anything.

AlaskanUte
            Ute Fan
            @kenaiute

I had a little go around with him on Twitter over the things he allegedly said. His response was he was only kidding, but all the TDs posters climbed on board to defend him at which time I asked him if maybe it wasn’t a better to choice to relocate his business to Provo. He just seems like a business owner who wants it both ways. All in all, does SL county need another Dickey’s BBQ impersonator. Looking back I didn’t need to get involved, not my circus, not my monkeys

10 1

PhiladelphiaUte
              Ute Fan
              @philadelphiaute

He said he was from the SEC, and he’s not.  He’s from a “Colonial Athletic Association” school that doesn’t even play football, much less have a stadium the size of my high school.  And there was no “jest” involved in making that bogus boast.

He also claimed that he went to the U, when that was in fact not true either.

So that’s 2 lies, and more of that ancient zoobie-speak/house-organ trash talk from an outted zoob…

…who’s all of a sudden losing customers…

…so he says he was “just kidding”?

Nope.  Not buying it.  I don’t let people I don’t trust prepare my food.

Dallas
        Ute Fan
        @dallas

A business owner who’s a dick seems a very good reason not to do business with him. I think the “spitting in food” comment was a bit of hyperbole because, hey, this is the internet.

GameForAnyFuss
        Ute Fan
        @gameforanyfuss

Can we separate being fans from destroying someone’s livelihood?

By going out of his way to insult a significant portion of his potential customer base, I’d say he’s destroying his own livelihood.

One man’s “cancel culture” is another man’s “choices have consequences”.

First rule of business: Don’t give people avoidable reasons to not be your customer.

2 2

Ute Dub
          Ute Fan
          @chestercopperpot

He said some dumb smack talk on the internet that doesn’t hurt anyone here. I agree to not visit the establishment if you saw that post. I don’t believe in a campaign to network his dumb comment across the entire Ute fan base. Mercy is the compassionate treatment above what is deserved. I side with some Mercy in this situation. 

GameForAnyFuss
            Ute Fan
            @gameforanyfuss

Honestly, being on the side of mercy likely makes you a better person than me. But for some reason, I lean more towards consequences these days. I guess it’s because it seems like so many people want the freedom to choose their actions without dealing with the consequences of their choices. I just feel like the people of the world need more frequent reminders that it doesn’t work that way.

Utesbyfive
      Ute Fan
      @utesbyfive

Bob Vance from Vance Refrigeration?

However, I have to say, insulting your customers is never a prudent business strategy. The guy uses his business account to hack off the University five miles away? Stooopid.

12 1

UteFanatic
      Ute Fan
      @utefanatic

I don’t want to see anyone’s livelihood be destroyed, but I personally won’t ever eat there because of this. Maybe I’m petty, but I don’t really feel like supporting a business whose owner publicly trashes Utah athletics. Maybe I take my fandom too seriously, I dunno.

And dude should have just owned the original tweet. His attempts to reframe what he said as being a “joke” is just flat out untrue and lame. That alone makes the whole situation worse than what he originally said. Just own it, dude, people aren’t dumb and can see through the lies.

BD
      Ute Fan
      @flyfisherman

I knew instantly that his loyalties are to BYU when he called Utah a “commuter school”. That comes from the junior-high level posts of CougarBoard.

Ute Dub
        Ute Fan
        @chestercopperpot

True. Nobody from Alabama or the SEC would ever care that Utah is a commuter school.

BD
          Ute Fan
          @flyfisherman

Whether more Utah students commute to the University or more live on campus, really isn’t the issue. BYU fans refer to Utah as a “commuter school” to make Utah appear to be on the same level as some local community college. It is an insult, but of course, they say it to avoid facts and logic.

Viewing 4 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums They So Poo Poo Public Service Announcement: For those of you folks who love BBQ…