Question for the board or OnlyU: Did Bernard beat out Wilmore and Brumfield?

Viewing 5 reply threads

gUrthBrooks
      Ute Fan
      @hammer

My apologies if this is too soon. Also, curious to hear from OnlyU how the coaches and players are holding up. But if Bernard did earn the 2 spot, that’s a strong Freshman RB with some potential. There was speculation that Wilmore was hurt thus causing Bernard to move into the 2 deep. I would hate to think that Wilmore left while being in the 2 deep and returning for a repeat Soph year. That doesn’t make sense to me. 

1 16

belli1976
      Ute Fan
      @belli1976

If you have to apologize for if it is to be too soon, it is too soon.

gUrthBrooks
        Ute Fan
        @hammer

It might be too soon for some, not for others, I’m looking for things to discuss to distract me from that heartache. We all cope in different ways.

Utesbyfive
          Ute Fan
          @utesbyfive

I think we’re all thinking of the team’s future without Jordan. I don’t think it’s too soon. We’re all keenly aware of the tragedy, and I don’t blame anybody for voicing what we’re all thinking.

Gugstanley
        Ute Fan
        @gugstanley

I don’t think it is too soon. I also don’t think Ty would want people not talking about the Utes and the team going forward. This was a terrible tragedy that will be remembered forever but it has not stopped Utah football or the fan base.

concerned
      Ute Fan
      @concerned

I’m not onlyu, but I am pretty sure that I know the answer: yes. And not just because Wilmore had a nagging injury for a couple of weeks.

Central Coast Ute
      Ute Fan
      @flip2848

I know OnlyU likes to say he’s not a coach, just a guy who knows people. But there is a good chance that he is a coach for the Utes. He may be a little preoccupied right now with Ty’s passing and not really up for checking UteHub. Hope he’s doing well and I hope to hear from him soon.

Utah5410
      Ute Fan
      @utah5410

Im sure ONLYU was close to Ty and had many interactions with him personally. He may not be a coach. But it is clear that he interacts with the players daily and is at the practices and observes what is happening and knows the players well.

Onlyu
      Ute Fan
      @uf8fl

We’ve all lost enough to realize that we grieve differently and there is no right or wrong way to feel. IMO no one really has the right to tell anyone how to feel about this stuff so I try to take it with a grain of salt with whatever is said or done in these situations. I’ve lost two nephews and a BIL to car accidents in my life and watching the affect it had on my siblings was incredible. They’ve never been the same and I’d imagine those in Ty’s circle won’t be either. Just a tough time. There aren’t many words that can assuage the anguish that those who have lost loved ones feel…time helps but even then it’s not ever complete. All I know is that losing Ty is no different than losing a family member for those involved with the program as well as many fans who adopted him as their own. It’s devastating and leaves an empty pit in so many and I hope that you/they may find a sense of peace moving forward.

Bernard had taken the #2 spot over Wilmore. He’s incredibly versatile and talented and has a very bright future. Wilmore was hampered by injury but was available the last two games. This is a unique situation so I’m not sure if there is a possibility of his returning but my guess is that he’s probably moved on. That said, I wouldn’t be surprised if Whitt changed his stance with Wilmore or Brumfield and the portal in this case. I would say everything is on the table because of the circumstances. Wilmore’s a very talented guy so he won’t have trouble finding the right fit for him if it’s not here.

The staff was already planning on bringing in another back and was involved with a number of RB’s prior to this happening so they’ll continue to do their jobs and find the right fit via the portal or elsewhere. Parks will be here in the Spring and don’t forget they found Armand Shyne in August so there will be plenty of options to work through. I expect a couple additions to the RB room before camp starts in August.

Everyone involved will move forward in their own time and in their own way to the best of their abilities. God bless and Go Utes!

Viewing 5 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Question for the board or OnlyU: Did Bernard beat out Wilmore and Brumfield?