RJ Hubert not coming back

Viewing 4 reply threads

UteBrook
      Ute Fan
      @utebrook

RJ just posted on Instagram he readying for Pro Day and the draft.

3 35

Italy88
      Ute Fan
      @itacoatiara22

Thank goodness…he will not be drafted.

UrbanLiar
        Ute Fan
        @urbanliar

Seriously, the kid gave everything he had to the program and doesn’t deserve this type of criticism. Let’s send him out with positive thoughts and leave it at that.

Ute Dub
        Ute Fan
        @chestercopperpot

Thank goodness RJ intercepted Caleb Williams in the PAC12 Championship game. I was there, and many USC fans lamented that play was the turning point that changed the momentum and outcome. He will be missed and always a Utah man!

Charlie
        Ute Fan
        @charlie

It appears that Penn State was doing a very good job snapping the ball right as Utah was getting the defensive calls sent in or just as they began to make the adjustment for the call. That can have the effect of hanging players out creating missed assignments. The remedy can be getting into a defensive call a bit earlier and getting everyone on the same page even if not the optimal set. Credit to PSU for tripping us up.

Utesbyfive
          Ute Fan
          @utesbyfive

They watched the tape. Scalley has to figure this out next year, since PSU figured out this one trick to put us on our heels.

chinngiskhaan
          Ute Fan
          @chinngiskhaan

That may be true, but why did they go exclusively at RJ in those plays? Because he was the weak link and they knew it.

To be fair, there was also a new guy playing corner there since CPIII was out, making mistakes more likely and not completely his fault

2008 National Champ
            Ute Fan
            @cptmrgn05

depends on which play. The long run wasn’t on Hubert. Scalley put them in the same run blitz that got burned by Oregon in the 2019 CCG. Hubert came up to the line for the specified gap and PSU ran to the other side. If you watch the replay, you can see Hubert looking to the sideline to make sure he was supposed to move to the line.

The pass play was the same miscommunication that happened all game on who had which receiver out of a stacked set. Same thing UCLA did earlier in the season.

PSU did a good job of scouting how Scalley called a game. They deliberately sat in their formation until about 10 seconds were left and then audibled.

Rick
      Ute Fan
      @rickyrules

I wish him all the best.  He had some really great games for us over the years and I prefer to focus on those rather than his last game.  Good luck RJ!

Dexter36
      Ute Fan
      @dexter36

I think RJ was a great Ute, I’m super thankful to have been able to cheer for him, on top of that he had a great season.

EagleMountainUte
      Ute Fan
      @battlegroundute

Good luck to him. I really think he has a chance to get drafted maybe.
      I don’t understand all of the hate on him. As many have mentioned he pretty much put Caleb Williams leg on ice in the CCG.

Ludwig’s turrible scheme and unfortunate Rising injury shoulder more blame than Scallely’s return to late sideline call ins.

No
        Ute Fan
        @nonameforme

I mean, you’re not wrong about putting the leg on ice. After all, it was one of RJ’s missed tackles in the CCG that sprung Williams’ 50+yrd run where he allegedly injured the hamstring. But that’s some 4d chess right there. 

Viewing 4 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football RJ Hubert not coming back