Roll Call for Washington Game

Viewing 16 reply threads

SalUteopia
      Ute Fan
      @saluteopia

Who else is attending the Sat game? There will be 8 of us in Section 332. Hoping to see a sea of red!
      Also, any suggestions for parking? Or is public transport / Uber the better option (from Issaquah)?

Go Utes!!!

Kellso
      Ute Fan
      @kellso

There is a train to the stadium from downtown. Check it out. It was perfect for us.

tanute3
      Ute Fan
      @tanute3

Section 330 🖐️ planning to do public transportation, but have yet to figure out details

Ghost of the HEB
      Ute Fan
      @deseretgentlman

Will be four of us in 331. I’m looking forward to the in-stadium Beer Garden almost as much as the game. It looks elite.

Hahnenwk
        Ute Fan
        @hahnenwk

The light rail is great if it goes where you need it to. But after the game dozens of buses are lined up outside ready to take people away. OneBusAway is the app that lets you plan your trip.

ryynoo
        Ute Fan
        @ryynoo

We do have a thing for beer here in Seattle.

Utehomer42
      Ute Fan
      @24cdalby

Me and my dad will be in section 332. We’re taking public transportation to the game and for the entire trip. Thankfully Husky stadium, SeaTac, and Lumen field all run on the same line. I think they’re also bringing the band but they’ll be in section 101 complete opposite to where most of us will be sitting.

ryynoo
        Ute Fan
        @ryynoo

Are you going to the Seahawks game tomorrow? Good Hockey game at Climate Pledge tonight too.

OldAsDirtUte
      Ute Fan
      @oldasdirtute

There is NO parking near the stadium.
      Use public transportation. They run many shuttle buses to/from the Park & Ride lots.

I went to a game maybe 25 years ago, and they had many buses serving just the one Park & Ride lot.
      They even had a mop-up van sent around to pick up stragglers after the game for those who dawdled too much leaving the stadium. (Take a hint, UTA).

Go Utes!

ryynoo
      Ute Fan
      @ryynoo

Despite what OldAsDirt’s post, there is a ton of parking at the stadium, but I’d avoid it like the plague. The Montlake Bridge / 520 interchange is under construction and that combined with U-Village and UW Hospital traffic make for a major mess.

Husky Stadium Parking

Link Light rail (subway) has a stop in the plaza in front of the stadium. If you drive in, park either at Northgate, or in Sodo as you’ll likely be coming on I-90 from Issaquah and Sodo is an easy connection to Link. Make sure to buy tickets before you hit the platform.

Link to Husky Stadium

Public Transit to Husky Games

King County Metro

Keep in mind Husky Stadium holds more than 70K and will likley be a sellout.

Good luck

SalUteopia
        Ute Fan
        @saluteopia

Excellent info, ryynoo! The linked resources are much appreciated. I will DM you with some specific questions if that’s okay.

2008 National Champ
        Ute Fan
        @cptmrgn05

Ryynoo’s probably the best resource. But I did want to add that about 10-15 years ago, people I knew who lived along the 405 would either drive to Northgate or Southcenter and take public trans the rest of the way instead of dealing with the bridges.

I don’t know if that is still a viable option but anything you can do to avoid the I-5 will make your trip much more pleasant. Especially between Northgate and Southcenter with the U district down to the old Paine Field being the worst.

ryynoo
          Ute Fan
          @ryynoo

Northgate is the best bet. Lots of free parking, relatively easy to get to and Link goes directly to the stadium from there.

Nortgate to Husky Stadium

ryynoo
            Ute Fan
            @ryynoo

I should mention it runs roughly every 8 mins and takes 8 mins station to station.

2008 National Champ
            Ute Fan
            @cptmrgn05

That would be my preference since anything from Southcenter still has to navigate northbound traffic. In my youth, we would periodically do a half day in Bellevue and then go north on the 405 past Redmond and catch one of those state roads/mini-freeways that took you right to Northgate. I don’t remember the road number though.

OldAsDirtUte
        Ute Fan
        @oldasdirtute

Sorry I attended a long time ago. Traffic was a big mess. I was told to not even consider driving anywhere near the place. And, it was a sellout.
        Also, that was long before the lightrail came about.
        Maybe it’s gotten better.

Uteusmc
      Ute Fan
      @uteusmc

Coming up from the MT. Lived in Redmond for 20 years so meeting up with some friends and taking the shuttle from the kirkland park and ride

UteBrook
      Ute Fan
      @utebrook

Sec 331 with my cousin who happens to be a Dawg fan. Going Sailgating with the Chinook. Go Utes!

Andy
      Ute Fan
      @phatmanandy86

I’ll be there with my Wife and Sister-in-law. section 332, row one. Come say hi! We went in 2019(?) and it was a blast!
      The link light rail is super easy to use and is only $3 each way. The station is right there at the stadium and they have a ton of stops throughout downtown.

Also on twitter there is a Ute Tailgate being hosted by @PNWUTE
      Looks like 9am to the East of the stadium in the far end of the parking lot. We plan to go to that, seems like it’ll be a good time.

Hit me up on twitter if you want to meet up. @phatmanandy

SalUteopia
        Ute Fan
        @saluteopia

Good to know about the tailgate. Will check if others in our group are interested.
        Will come say hi at the game!

snorkerelli
      Ute Fan
      @snorkerelli

Section 104, row 8. I’ve attended two Ute games in Seattle, and we won each. Looking for a third. Go Utes!!

PNW Ute
      Ute Fan
      @pnwute

I’ll be there. I live in SW Washington, going to drive up to SeaTac and take light rail the rest of the way.
      I second what others said, take public transportation. The light rail lets off right at the stadium. The shuttle busses that go there from park and ride stations are great too. But, the last time I did one of those it took over an hour to go the last 10 miles due to heavy game day traffic. So give yourself lots of time.
      Enjoy the stadium. If it’s not too clouded over (yeah right) the views from the upper decks are amazing.

ryynoo
        Ute Fan
        @ryynoo

If we are lucky the Mountain will be out:
        MT Rainier from UW Campus

ryynoo
      Ute Fan
      @ryynoo

DM me if anyone is looking to get rid of 2 tix. Thanks!

ryynoo
      Ute Fan
      @ryynoo

OK, my wife and I are going. I’ll be in Ute Gear and she’ll be in UW gear. I’m in Section 331, row 3 Seats 5 & 6. Please come say hello!

ryynoo
        Ute Fan
        @ryynoo

We’ve swapped our tix to section 331 row 61 seats 12&13 to get out of the rain.

SalUteopia
      Ute Fan
      @saluteopia

On the 1045 PM flight to Seattle from SLC, and it’s pretty full with Utah fans!

concerned
      Ute Fan
      @concerned

We are at Glo’s, heading over after breakfast

BleedsRedUte
      Ute Fan
      @bleedsredute

My son, who lives in Seattle, is a Utah alum and supporter. He just texted me he is leaving his West Seattle condo for the game. Should be a lot of Seattle Ute alums. Hope they are all at the game giving the Utes loud support. Go Utes!!

Viewing 16 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Roll Call for Washington Game