Rose Bowl

Viewing 4 reply threads

ALUF
      Ute Fan
      @dbgii77

Washington and Usc wins. Does Utah make the rose bowl even with a loss in the ccg?

tanute3
      Ute Fan
      @tanute3

I think we would beat out Washington, especially with how well we traveled last year… would be fun to get a rematch vs Ohio State

Onlyu
      Ute Fan
      @uf8fl

I doubt it…We would have 4 losses total and would be ranked below Wash. we would have to beat SC to go to the Rose!

palos_verdes_ute
      Ute Fan
      @palos-verdes-ute

How about if Washington loose, and Oregon loose in CCG?

UTAH > OREGON
      UTAH > WASHINGTON ?

krindor
        Ute Fan
        @krindor

Hadn’t thought about it…but that probably puts us in almost by default. Generally the committee won’t drop teams too much for losing in a CCG..but I’m guessing we’ll already be right even with Oregon after this week anyway, so then losing to USC would be enough for us to edge ahead

palos_verdes_ute
          Ute Fan
          @palos-verdes-ute

yeah, but now you have oregon losing 2 games in a row (in that scenario). the question is ‘do we look better in the rose over washington?’ Bowl games generally don’t like the same teams back to back. but, i’m going to argue we had a good turn out last year …and we would be ranked higher then washington.

….therefore, washington losing tonight may not be a bad thing. would it be preferred?

krindor
            Ute Fan
            @krindor

Hmm, if Washington loses (and USC beats Notre Dame), I think we end up in an NY6.

Right now we’re #14, so would need to move up to #11. So that means 3 teams would have to drop behind us. #13 Washington would be one.

Then I think conference championship games would get us the other two.

#8 LSU (after losing today and likely against Georgia as well) would likely put them behind us

Same story on #9 Oregon (if they lose to USC)

And finally #12 K State would also likely drop below us if they lose to TCU.

So Washington would be 1 and then we’d need 2 of those 3 (likely) results in conference championship games.

krindor
              Ute Fan
              @krindor

All that said, I’d much rather take the harder route and try to play our way in, rather than backing in by enough other teams having to lose.

Consider me a Huskies fan for tonight.

fosternano
      Ute Fan
      @fosternano

If TCU wins out I could see Ohio state still being #4, assuming usc doesn’t win the pac 12 championship

So it would be penn state at the rose bowl I believe

Viewing 4 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.