Saban retires

Viewing 5 reply threads

Yergensen
      Ute Fan
      @yergensen

Coaching dominoes with Harbaugh possibly leaving for NFL. Could Deion and Fisch be some of the dominoes?

utefansince79
      Ute Fan
      @utefansince79

How many teams besides Utah have a 100% winning percentage against Bama under Saban?

Utesbyfive
      Ute Fan
      @utesbyfive

Lanning to Bama, Fisch to Oregon. Book it.

Also, Kaelin DeBoer has got dollar signs in his eyes. Washington is gonna pay him bigtime.

NarfUte
        Ute Fan
        @narfute

So let it be written…

Utah
        Ute Fan
        @utah

It sounds like the Seattle Seahawks are going to go after DeBoer hard.

J Rocksville
          Ute Fan
          @jrocksville

So Deboer to Seahawks, Carrol to Washington?

Utehomer42
      Ute Fan
      @24cdalby

I wouldn’t be surprised if Whitt also hangs up the hat after the first year the in the Big 12. This system of op outs, NIL, and transfer portal has ruined college football. I don’t think Whitt wants to stay around for that. I’m sick of this s**t and want something to be done about it.

24 1

Gugstanley
        Ute Fan
        @gugstanley

I am sick of this s**t also and thinking of retiring as a fan of college football.

Charlie
          Ute Fan
          @charlie

The recent changes so far have been stressful. The two big changes next year are still unknowns but very likely to be pleasant for Utah. The expanded playoffs and the move to an easier conference just may make for a best year yet. Utah has a chance to win the Big 12 and if not also have a good chance to push the Big 12 runner up into the playoffs. A win or two in the playoffs will make the 2023 stress fade away.

Central Coast Ute
            Ute Fan
            @flip2848

It’s not next year I’m worried about. It’s three years from now when the P2 do whatever they’re going to do. I hope Utah isn’t on the outside looking in.

Utah
        Ute Fan
        @utah

I think if we had beaten Ohio State, Whitt was done. He had done all he could do at Utah. Now that we are headed to the Big 12, I think if we get to the playoffs he will be done.

Like you said, it has to be awful to be a coach of a college football team. So much garbage to put up with. If he makes the playoffs, he can retire knowing he took Utah as far as anyone can.

snorkerelli
          Ute Fan
          @snorkerelli

I’m sure the several million dollars per year takes the edge off the pain.

Trailgoat
          Ute Fan
          @utahgoat

KW is definitely year to year. Give the 12 team play-off run. Would be surprised if he went more than two more years. Scalley would of split by now if he wasn’t next up. KW also has the option to stay on in a consulting role to support Scalley. Either way, Utes are set up right for a smooth transition.

tarheelute
        Ute Fan
        @tarheelute

The alternative is that Whittingham remains for another two, three, five+ years. Like Bill Snyder and Kirk Ferentz, his is devoted to his team and college football.

He has the support from the AD, boosters, the local and national media, respect of the larger network of coaches, most fans, and most importantly Utah Ute coaches and players. He has a proven (if imperfect) system, he is healthy, and more importantly

he

likes his coaches and players.

What remains is his family, and his life goals. More family time, yes. More time on the golf course, his bikes? not so worried.

UtesRock
      Ute Fan
      @utahrockon

Coach Whit is 64. Exactly two years older than I am. He has still got it but definitely near the end. He’s one big win away from a very sad end to a great career. Mostly my opinion and based on my own career.

Utesbyfive
        Ute Fan
        @utesbyfive

A big win would be a sad end?

EagleMountainUte
        Ute Fan
        @battlegroundute

A win bigger than the Sugar Bowl I think is what you mean. One could argue the repeated P12 contender is a greater accomplishment.

Utah doesn’t have enough motors in my opinion to win it all under the new CFP. Getting there maybe. I still think Zona takes the big12 spot.

The Miami Ute
          Ute Fan
          @themiamiute

Eagle, it’s just so hard to win the CFP. Look at Michigan and how many times it took for them to actually win it. This even with all the resources in the world, Top 10 recruiting classes every year, and one of the best coaches in the nation. Ute fans should just enjoy the journey. Anything beyond that is gravy.

ryynoo
      Ute Fan
      @ryynoo

DeBoer to Bama

And Kalen DeBoer off to Alabama

Utegator
        Ute Fan
        @utegator

I dont think this move will age well for DeBoer

Viewing 5 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Saban retires