Should we be worried about the short kickoffs?

Viewing 4 reply threads

SalUteopia
      Ute Fan
      @saluteopia

This is probably not a big deal, but the short kickoffs are kinda bothering me. I have a feeling that Aiyuk will take advantage and have some good returns, which could potentially set them up for some great field positions. Am I over-analyzing?

2 1

Dante Guardi
      Ute Fan
      @danteg12

dont think its a HUGE deal but i think it will catch up to us at some point this year

Thlete
      Ute Fan
      @thlete

It drives me absolutely bonkers. Why can’t we get someone that can kick it into the end zone like every other team in the nation? Just exposes us to get beat without our elite defense on the field. It will for sure bite us at some point.

EagleMountainUte
        Ute Fan
        @battlegroundute

The largest mistake made against OSU was the kick out of bounds. Even more so then the garbage time fumble.  

PlainsUte
          Ute Fan
          @plainsute

Was the ball and field wet at that point??  I know it rained a bit at halftime then started up again during garbage time.

EagleMountainUte
            Ute Fan
            @battlegroundute

For the fumble or the kick out of bounds?  Utah has already played in poor weather at RES and at REs so I don’t get why he kicked it out bounds. If that is our fumble for awhile I will take it. 

PlainsUte
              Ute Fan
              @plainsute

As Central Coast said, a short kick could have been bait to get them to field the ball and then the cover team get OSU down inside the 25.  Kicking towards the sideline might have been a goal that was just not executed well by the freshman kicker (went out of bounds instead of inbounds near the sideline).

chinngiskhaan
      Ute Fan
      @chinngiskhaan

No. We’ve seen that he is absolutely capable of kicking them through the endzone on kickoffs at home. I’m not worried about it, not for the ASU game anyways.

Central Coast Ute
      Ute Fan
      @flip2848

We’ve seen strauch kick it out of the back of the end zone. The short kicks could be a call. They might be hoping for a return and then tackle prior to the 25.

Viewing 4 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Should we be worried about the short kickoffs?