Siaosi Mariner transferring

Viewing 7 reply threads

KiYi-Ute
      Ute Fan
      @kiyi-ute

Just announced it on his Twitter: 

https://twitter.com/SdotGatsby/status/1082666823793790977

Didn’t seem like he was in the best headspace all season. I wish him well and hope he lands somewhere that he can be successful.

ironman1315
      Ute Fan
      @ironman1315

Sad to see him go. I liked him.

Central Coast Ute
      Ute Fan
      @flip2848

I like the kid and hoped he would stay but for some reason I thought this might happen. Wish him well.

chinngiskhaan
      Ute Fan
      @chinngiskhaan

Siaosi is a good kid. I just hope for his sake that it isn’t because he can’t move past what happened against Washington.

Grimmetal
      Ute Fan
      @grimmetal

Mariner, Singleton, and Simpkins. I know Demari is still around but I always grouped those three together. There was a lot of potential there but unfortunately I felt they underperformed. I wouldn’t say a disappointment, but they could have been great with fewer dropped balls and more patience.

WR group is in a good place though. Covey, Dixon, and even Nacua has made some good strides this year. Enis should have much more room to shine as well.

tarheelute
        Ute Fan
        @tarheelute

Agreed

Raelon Singleton, who left Utah last year, had 2 receptions for 13 yards in his final game for Houston, and only 14 receptions, 221 yards, and three TDs for 2018. He could have done far better staying at Utah.

Mariner will probably not fare better, but I wish him good luck.

GreatNorthernUte
      Ute Fan
      @greatnorthernute

This is best for everyone. He had several chances to grow into the role and couldnt do it. Has nothing to do with the UW fluke. He just sees the writing on the wall with the talent coming up. All the best to him.

SUUte
      Ute Fan
      @garrstew

Really not surprised here. His production was down and a lot of younger guys were stepping up big.

EagleMountainUte
      Ute Fan
      @battlegroundute

Feel for the kid I hope he learns to keep with it and does great things. 

Viewing 7 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Siaosi Mariner transferring