Silver Lining

Viewing 4 reply threads

Johnny80
      Ute Fan
      @johnny80

So…. I think we should look at the departure of TT from a positive angle if possible. I know the O.C. carousel sucks. I am personally tired of seeing it happen. But…. but, let’s look at this as a chance for our new A.D. to do something great, to make a statement. I for one am curious as to what he will be doing. We know he has Florida, Cal, and Arizona ties. Before we all say that the sky is falling let’s remind ourselves that we have a new guy with new ideas and see what happens. 

3 1

EastCoastUte
      Ute Fan
      @eastcoastute

someone give this man a cookie^

tanute3
      Ute Fan
      @tanute3

Who ultimately is the final decision maker for the OC? Whitt or Harlan? 

highlandute7
        Ute Fan
        @highlandute7

I thought position coaches and OC/DC hires are up to the Head Coach. The Head Coach is hired by the AD. If that is true, why would Harlan be involved with the OC hire? I think this is KWs call.

GameForAnyFuss
          Ute Fan
          @gameforanyfuss

Sure, it’s Whit’s call, but that doesn’t mean you shouldn’t tap the network of the rest of the office. When I need to hire, I always ask my boss (and the rest of the office) if they know anyone who might be interested. It’s still my hire, but exploiting others’ networks is just good business. 

PlainsUte
            Ute Fan
            @plainsute

Right, Harlan should be among those who are coming up with candidates and maybe selling them on Utah.  Would not want him to dictate who gets to be OC, but if he can bring in some rising guys for a look, that is great!

Johnny80
        Ute Fan
        @johnny80

I would have to believe that Harlan has to have a decent amount of say in the matter, especially seeing that this is the first major thing to come his way. If I were him I would absolutely be stating my opinion on the matter. 

EastCoastUte
      Ute Fan
      @eastcoastute

Harlan has connections, thus only expanding our option pool for a future OC. All I’m saying is it doesn’t hurt to have Harlan in our circle to find the next OC.

Anonymous
      Inactive

I think you guys are right. I think Harlan has connections that he can make for Kyle, or at the very least, have input on the matter. 

Viewing 4 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Silver Lining