Sling TV Tips For Beer Zoobs

Viewing 7 reply threads

geaux-sioux
      Ute Fan
      @geaux-sioux

So I downloaded SlingTV and am on the free trial. I’ve been drinking around with it trying to get a feel for what it will allow me to do come Thursday since I will not be able to watch live and will need to stream after the game. If I am understanding SlingTV correctly I should be able to come home late Thursday and fire up the game from the beginning. Is this correct? Or will I have to set up a recording and leave it playing on my computer?

Thanks.

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

You might have better luck if you aren’t drinking around. I have sling on a Roku and as far as I know it is live TV.  There are some cool boxes I’ve seen on Amazon that can record via hdmi which might work.

If you leave your computer recording you better have a s**t pile of hard drive space.

geaux-sioux
      Ute Fan
      @geaux-sioux

So you’re saying the ability to pause and replay goes out the window for a live event?

St George Ute
      Ute Fan
      @stgeorgeute

I’m not sure if you’ll be able to rewind a live broadcast of the game. This is my first season having Sling, so I haven’t tested that ability. I was able to rewind the PAC12 network last night, watching the football preview for Utah, but it was a prerecorded broadcast. So PAC12 does allow rewinds, which some stations don’t, but that may only apply to shows available on-demand.

By the way, not sure you want the “Zoob” name. You’ve been really cool and I’ve enjoyed reading what UND fans have posted, you here, and the many on your own board. We Utah fans typically reserve the “zoob” label for those fans of teams we REALLY don’t like. 🙂

geaux-sioux
        Ute Fan
        @geaux-sioux

I just tried with The Dan Patrick Show and no dice.

St George Ute
          Ute Fan
          @stgeorgeute

Well that’s not a good sign. Have you looked at the Sling DVR option? $5 a month for DVR cloud storage of up to 50 hours. It says it will record all channels except the Disney owned ones (i.e. ESPN). Look and see if you can add that to the free preview option.

geaux-sioux
            Ute Fan
            @geaux-sioux

I made sure to include the cloud DVR

St George Ute
              Ute Fan
              @stgeorgeute

Go to your Guide, under channels go to PAC12 Network Mountain (it’s the 4th pac12 station), then under Schedule, scroll over to the game on Thursday. Select it and see if it gives you the option to record. If so, you should be good to go!

PlainsUte
                Ute Fan
                @plainsute

Its on the main Pac-12 Network channel.

St George Ute
                  Ute Fan
                  @stgeorgeute

On SlingTV, there is no Main PAC12 channel. All Six PAC12 network stations are listed and viewable (AZ, Bay Area, L.A., Mountain, OR, & WA). Thursday’s game is listed on all but the Oregon channel. All others have the UtahvUND game at 530. However, AZ, Bay Area, LA, and WA also have the ASUvNMSt game listed at 830. So the other channels may change over to that game while PAC12 Mountain stays on Utah.

geaux-sioux
                Ute Fan
                @geaux-sioux

There is some mysterious issue going on with my account or device. You are correct that this game is eligible to be recorded via the Cloud DVR service.

Puget Ute
        Ute Fan
        @pugetute

I agree. ‘Zoobs’ are pieces of s**t. Geaux-Sioux is better in every possible way than those dips**ts from THE byu-P.

Riot West
          Ute Fan
          @riotwest

I agree. I don’t throw the term “Zoob” around lightly. There truly is only one type of Zoob…even ASU and Boise State CDL School don’t fall into the zoob category for me. There are many other more appropriate words for those fans.

EagleMountainUte
            Ute Fan
            @battlegroundute

Tater zoobs are pretty funny.  But it doesn’t make sense to apply that term to them because there truly is only one breed that goes to the Zoo down south.  

Duhwayne
      Ute Fan
      @duhwayne

I just signed up too. The dvr thing appears to be channel specific. Pac12 might allow what ESPN doesn’t. Not sure what happens on the live but the network usually rebroadcast later that night and you can choose to record those I think.

People also post torrents sometimes after. They usually sees for a couple days. If you don’t have the pwd boardmail someone and we will get it to you. Games show up on YouTube usually a week or two after, sometimes spliced to cut gaps.

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

This is a great post!

FtheY
      Ute Fan
      @fthey

Geaux Sioux – having started that thread, your post made me laugh. You UND guys have been great. I hope that didn’t come across the wrong way, just trying to think of a funny name for all y’all. 

geaux-sioux
        Ute Fan
        @geaux-sioux

I consider self deprication to be an art form so I wouldn’t worry about me at least.

leftyjace
      Ute Fan
      @leftyjace

OK, I just got Sling TV. This is slick! Gonna be a good season!

Viewing 7 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Sling TV Tips For Beer Zoobs