So I know that we still have a lot to play for this year but has anyone started

Viewing 3 reply threads

SantaVaca
      Ute Fan
      @santavaca

thinking about what we could be building here over the next 2 years???

When FS1 flashed that graphic about how many freshman starters we have, I can’t help but think that maybe we have another special season the next 2 years.  What makes this even better is our Home and Home with Florida. Great timing on that part!

At first I didn’t know how to feel about opening up in the Swamp next year but now I’m not so sure.  If we can win at Florida next year, we set ourselves up nicely for a big run again next year.

Look at Oregon this year, their early win against Ohio State has kept them in the playoff conversation all year.  Even with that horrible loss to Stanford.  Maybe the same thing happens to us next year.

I know, I know, let’s not worry about next year while we still have a Rose Bowl to play for this year.  But it’s fun to look ahead and feel good vs a month ago when I came here and lamented that I didn’t think we’d be bowl eligible this year. 

I also need to apologize to Coach Harding for all the mean things I thought to myself after the first 3 games.  He has proven me wrong and I think I’m going to give him the benefit of the doubt from here on out. No more Harding blaming for me.  He’s earned it.

UTE98
      Ute Fan
      @ute98

IF we get to the Rose Bowl this year, and play well, imagine what is possible next year with that game in the Swamp.

That makes me excited about the finish to this year, which is coming way to quickly. Why can’t we have college football 9 months out of the year? (Greedy fan here) The rest of the year I have to make excuses as to why I’m lazy, college football gives me an excuse. LOL

AlohaUte
      Ute Fan
      @alohaute

We should inarguably be top 15 going into next season. We have the youngest team in the Pac-12 and we will be playing in the P12 Championship game. The future is very, very bright.

MDUte
        Ute Fan
        @mdute

Trying to think of who we’ll need to replace next year. Who am I missing or which of these should likely stick around?

Devin Lloyd – LB
        Viane Moala – DT
        Bam Olaseni – OT
        Brant Kuithe – TE
        Dalton Kincaid – TE
        Theo Howard – S
        Keegan Markgraf – SN
        Nick Ford – OG/C
        Cole Fotheringham – TE
        Brandon McKinney – S
        Vonte Davis – S
        Hauati Pututau – DT
        Mika Tafua – DE
        Britain Covey – WR

UteBacker
          Ute Fan
          @utebacker

If Tavion Thomas continues his current pace, would he get a look at the NFL?

MDUte
            Ute Fan
            @mdute

I would think so but he’s only a sophomore so we have him for at least 1 more year.

UteBacker
              Ute Fan
              @utebacker

He played his first year at Cincinnati, last year at Independence and this year for the Utes.  To become NFL draft qualified you must be three years out of high school.  He qualifies for this upcoming draft (if he’s interested).  I HOPE he stays another year, trust me.

2008 National Champ
          Ute Fan
          @cptmrgn05

Rising should also be on that list. If he gets a good enough draft grade in a poor year for QB’s, why wouldn’t he go?

EagleMountainUte
      Ute Fan
      @battlegroundute

It is why I wanted Rising. I didn’t go to practices and I had zero inside information. I just knew a year of getting game experience was going to pay off. I also hate it when players lose their spot to injury. I still scratch my head at why Brewer had such a long leash. Coaches must have bought in to I guess. 

Now not tooting my horn that much because I really liked Brewer after watching him against Weber St and then I bought all of the hype until Rising took over.  

I now go back to the future is bright. Losing Lloyd will suck for sure but most of the other pieces are in place.  

ProudUte
        Ute Fan
        @proudute

I think our biggest issue may be tight ends and WRs next season.  We have the QBs and RBs.  Our Oline is young overall.  I am not sure which tight ends will decide to stay.  We need some more wide receivers in the system.

On D we are young and we have a stable of linebackers.  

I think the future looks good for 2022 and 2023.  

Viewing 3 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football So I know that we still have a lot to play for this year but has anyone started