So What Did You Guys Think Of The F'nHawks?

Viewing 12 reply threads

geaux-sioux
      Ute Fan
      @geaux-sioux

So what were you impressed/unimpressed with my team? What you expected for FCS? Were there any players that caught your eye?

3 1

ladyinred
      Ute Fan
      @ladyinred

Very impressed. Solid, disciplined team. QB was good, Santiago guy was good.
      There are several Pac 12 teams they could likely beat.

EagleMountainUte
      Ute Fan
      @battlegroundute

Your QB is good and tough. Linebackers really shot the gaps and did well. Scheme wise it felt like you were playing to just stay in the game. Fortune favors the bold with FCS teams I think. 

gUrthBrooks
      Ute Fan
      @hammer

I was at the game. Very impressed. Your team was our team when we had Norm Chow as O.C. and K-Whitt as Head Coach – Solid Defense, Solid lines on both sides of the ball, excellent tackling, QB doesn’t make misttakes. Run the ball, shorten the game, wait fo the other team to make misstakes. QB was really good IMO. 

#31 was pretty tough and got chippy with our DB’s a few times. 

UteFanatic
      Ute Fan
      @utefanatic

Solid football team and I think you’ll win a lot of games this year.  Your QB is a stud.  

I wouldn’t say there was a point in the game where I felt we were in danger of losing, but when the score became 27-16 and UND was building momentum, my anxiety levels rose a little bit.

Honestly, I think if UND played BYU instead of PSU, they might have beaten them.

Onlyu
      Ute Fan
      @uf8fl

Was impressed with your QB…not Sam Darnold but moved away from pressure, stepped up into space well and delivered accurately.  He’s pretty good.  We dominated your O-line in the run game as we expected…not sure if you expected that but 22 wasn’t able to get going.

Your pressure confused us in the first half but we kind of had our way in the 2nd.  We made some mistakes and had some costly penalties in the first half which probably kept it close.  Your wideouts found space and have good hands.  We scored 7-7 drives in the red zone and only punted once.

Your kicking game…something we know a little about…was outstanding.

i think overall the depth, size and speed we have was just too much.

Solid team that we expect to run the table in your league!  Good luck this year.

PlainsUte
        Ute Fan
        @plainsute

UND punter had awesome hang time.  Lots of fair catches and just 2 returns for a total of 18 yds.

AllInUteFan
      Ute Fan
      @allinutefan

I was impressed with your QB. He found the open guys and zipped the ball into the WRs hands.  

Best of luck the rest of the season.  

Stone
      Ute Fan
      @stone

I was also very impressed. On offense, the QB was great; he had the ability to hang tight in the pocket and make plays out of nothing. My favorite play of his was when it looked like he was going to get sacked, regained himself, then hit that deep throw down near the endzone. Solid player. The TE had great hands and a knack for getting into the small windows.

I don’t remember their names or numbers, but there were two guys (or maybe it was even the same guy) that was everywhere on defense. There was a swing pass to one of Utah’s faster players (McCormick) and I thought he might break it all the way, but the UND defender took a great angle and had the speed to save the touchdown. Solid tacklers all across the board; I saw a number of great open field tackles. I think they would be a fun team to follow at the FCS level. Also, they weren’t showboats or whiners; total respect for those sorts of teams.

Finally, really enjoyed your engagement on this site, along with a few other UND fans. Hope to come back now and again.

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

Your QB is a stud. Eluded pressure and made great throws.  Only 1 sack.  ND had their way with our O line at first but I think we wore them down by the 2nd half. 

Very disciplined team with very few penalties.  

Solid.  I even dug the fact that nobody had their names on their jerseys and the matte green helmets looked cool.  

I wonder what they thought of our house?

Stone
        Ute Fan
        @stone

I agree on UND the uniforms and helmets. They looked really good. Although I like knowing the names, I always enjoy the traditional “no name” uniforms.

Speaking of uniforms, although I was happy to see the mountains go away, I was initially not impressed with the sleeves on the new uniforms. But I must admit that they grew on me last night (figuratively), I really like the new designs.

MauchDawgUte
          Ute Fan
          @mauchdawgute

Team uniforms were sharp but when I saw the fans I thought we were playing Notre Dame.  

MauchDawgUte
      Ute Fan
      @mauchdawgute

So on the flip side…thoughts on our team?

mpute
      Ute Fan
      @mparker40

Very impressed by your team. They lived up to their billing. They were well coached. Highly disciplined and energized. I thought the QB was stellar, as well as that D-Line that wrecked havoc on our O-Line and Huntley for nearly the entire game. I thought Santiago was a standout player, too. I wish the team the best of luck going forward. 

Utebeam
      Ute Fan
      @utebeam

As stated above, quality team that will go far in the Big Sky Conference. I especially love the fans we’ve met on here. It’s nice to have civil conversations with other football fans, unlike our rivals down south. I hope you come back and let us know how your season is going.

Puget Ute
      Ute Fan
      @pugetute

FCS, meh. All that means is you get fewer scholarships (65 vs our 83), less money for the program, and a highly superior playoff system. Your Sioux-Hawks would likely beat Oregon State, perhaps Arizona, and ASU and CAL would be toss-ups. In fact you likely would come in the upper half of the MWC this year.

The Hawks looked great last night. This has to be one of the bigger games in program history, and they played their hearts out.

The QB was nails, and your RB looked solid. Those guys will get you some impressive wins this year.

Your MLB is a stud.

The big TE with the amazing hair/pet boa constrictor was a real beast. He is going to look like Gronkowski for you this year, especially against shorter coverage.

I appreciated the team discipline. Nobody on your side seemed to get out of control of lose his cool. Much of this has to stem from the coach, and he seems to be a great person for the program. He has done a tremendous job of turning around the program.

I think you are primed for a solid playoff run this year, and will follow the team. Good luck, and thanks for coming to Utehub!

Now get your other team to perform this Saturday and we can all be happy. Geaux Tigers!

shakeitsugaree
        Ute Fan
        @shakeitsugaree

this

a highly superior playoff system.

geaux-sioux
        Ute Fan
        @geaux-sioux

My Tiger are gonna soften those zoobs up real good.

Viewing 12 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football So What Did You Guys Think Of The F'nHawks?