SoCal Ute fans

Viewing 16 reply threads

JDub1942
      Ute Fan
      @jdub1942

Who are all my fellow Southern California Ute fans out there?

Ive been down in Orange County for the past year and plan to spend the next 2 here after that. Then Ive got to get out of here, but untill then it would be nice to which of you are my fellow SoCal Ute fans.

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

Love orange county.

JDub1942
        Ute Fan
        @jdub1942

It’s ok

Riot West
      Ute Fan
      @riotwest

I am in Los Angeles. We got a watch party in Burbank this weekend! A bit far from OC though…

JDub1942
        Ute Fan
        @jdub1942

Yeah, it’s nice to know that I’m not alone out here though. I hope to make at least 1 watch party in the next two years.

AlohaUte
      Ute Fan
      @alohaute

Checking in…live in San Diego.

Utahman04
        Ute Fan
        @utahman04

I’m in San Diego as well.

Riot West
      Ute Fan
      @riotwest

We have another watch party at Barney’s in Burbank this weekend. Last scheduled one for the year (although might do one for UCLA game if we are kicking ass still)

Who’s in? @palos-verdes-ute – you in the South Bay?

• This reply was modified 8 years, 6 months ago by Riot West.

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

You can use the hashtag @palos-verdes-ute to get his attention.

palos_verdes_ute
      Ute Fan
      @palos-verdes-ute

I actually make the trek to SLC every home game. But let me know if you guys get a USC tail gate going. Would love to connect with local utes.

palos_verdes_ute
      Ute Fan
      @palos-verdes-ute

2 years eh? so is it like an LDS mission you’re doing? ; )

JDub1942
        Ute Fan
        @jdub1942

Haha, noooooo. I’ve finished one year of three year Physical Therapy School.

Anonymous
      Inactive

Live in Fullerton.

Will be at the game this weekend sitting on the west side 50 midway up. Also will be at the USC game sitting on the NW 40 about row 30. Finally back up in SLC for the UCLA game.

palos_verdes_ute
      Ute Fan
      @palos-verdes-ute

Hey @westslopecutthroat – do you fish when you come back to utah?

Anonymous
        Inactive

After the Michigan game, my wife and I spent the following week in Montana Fly Fishing and looking at ranch properties for retirement. I haven’t coupled fishing in Utah with a game, but would love to.

I have boats for both saltwater and freshwater and I’m always looking for crew. Currently doing mods on the saltwater boat, but should be done shortly.

palos_verdes_ute
      Ute Fan
      @palos-verdes-ute

That’s cool. I’m tubing strawberry on Sunday. Thought if you had gears you can head up there with me. It’s great fishing this time of the year!

Anonymous
        Inactive

Never fished Strawberry, but would love to. I’m an amateur when it comes to tube fishing. I will not have a car. I just use TRAX and my brother will have a car. I could be persuaded to change my return flight.

At the USC game we’re guests of a good friend with Season Tickets, Section 21/22. He usually hosts us at the Associates lunch where we get serenaded by the USC Band and get an up close show from high kicking song girls while indulging in libations.

Born in Fullerton, grew up in Anaheim, live in Fullerton. About ready to get out of CA and buy a ranch in Montana. Though we have beaches here, I never go because they’re crowded. I like to fish saltwater because I could get away from it all, but that too has turned into a crowded clusterf$##K. This summer there were 2 hour waits in line just to get bait. Then if you were stopped on the water and hooked up to tuna, within minutes you’d have a fleet of boats around you. I fish to get away from that.

I was laughing the Bill & OC show when they were talking about how UCLA had such a great recruiting advantage. Beautiful campus (true), beautiful surrounding neighborhoods (true) and only 12 minutes from the Beach (false). About the only thing that is 12 minutes from UCLA’s campus is the first traffic signal. The traffic there is beyond horrible.

We have a second home up on Big Bear Lake. We go there to get away from the rat race.

oc_ute
      Ute Fan
      @ocute

i live in ladera ranch which is adjacent to mission viejo and laguna niguel. for the SC game, i’m actually going with some SC fans and tailgating with them…… hope to not get beat up if we win : )

been here for about 8 years. left SLC for a great job. regretted it ever since. been trying to get back to SLC but can’t find a job !

edit. FWIW, i got about a 2X increase in pay with this job. my standard of living was slightly better in SLC due to housing costs. bout the only thing that’s cheap here is booze ! $15 giant bottles of tanqueray in costco the other day.

edit 2. FWIW, the local recreation here sucks. go to the beach, go to the beach, go to a baseball game, the mountains are DEAD. miss the utah recreation immensely. moral of the story…. don’t leave utah if you’re a recreation freak.

• This reply was modified 8 years, 6 months ago by oc_ute.

JDub1942
      Ute Fan
      @jdub1942

I will also be going to the SC game, I dont remember where I will be sitting. Taking the wife and possibly a 19 month old.

Red Don
      Ute Fan
      @reddon

I live in Oceanside half the year. I lived in Huntington Beach for ten years in the 70’s -80’s and loved it.

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

Huntington Beach area is great.

Mr Robot
      Ute Fan
      @mrrobot

San Diego checking in! Anybody going somewhere to watch the game?

Homer Crimson
        Ute Fan
        @homercrimson

Love your username/icon! I kept telling Utes to check out Mr. Robot but no one ever responded.

Riot West
      Ute Fan
      @riotwest

ESPN has implied that it will have cameras at Barney’s in Burbank for the ASU game and want to get some film of Ute fans for a piece on Saturday. Come on out!

Viewing 16 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football SoCal Ute fans